Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White House Petition Requesting Competitive Bidding for Military Satellite Launches

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we are burnt out after the original petition to have Tesla be allowed to sell directly in all 50 states. The number of signatures didn't matter. It seems pretty clear, the petition site is NOT about raising issues. It is about gathering email addresses for political SPAM.

I've been registered at the White House petition site for a year and have not been receiving emails other than a notification that my petition is up and running. I may have received an email when I first registered; perhaps I unsubscribed from receiving other types of messages.

You may be right that TMC members feel frustrated by the lack of a response to the Tesla petition involving dealership laws. The issue is politically charged. I wouldn't deem an alternate reason to be "pretty clear". Since the FTC has responded positively, I wouldn't be surprised if we soon get a White House response. Right now their attention is towards the Ukraine.

Many people will feel that their one signature will make no difference. Collectively that attitude puts a damper on things. Not only should they sign, but they should encourage others through social media. Today I tweeted Elon Musk and SpaceX to notify them of the petition. The earlier Tesla petition did not get rolling until Elon tweeted about it.