Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior fans, we all have a decision to make

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless we buy the performance model, I think that white seats are going to cost us about $3~$4K either way we look at it. Order to get it this year and take the full $7500 tax credit, but then it’s going to cost $2100-ish from T-Sportline plus installation to have white seats.

So can you order the M3LRD with black interior and change your order to white interior if it's offered prior to your delivery in 3-4 months?
I know they have a change fee, but it seems like the timing might work if you drop your configuration/order in late July.

My wife saw an X at the Tesla store with the ultra white interior and now she is really trying to talk me out of ordering white if I move ahead with my Model 3 order.

She thought the white looked blinding.

For me anything should be better than a black interior.
I loved the white interior of both the Model X and S.

The look a lot better in person than in pictures. That's why I'm going site unseen with white.

Reactions: pkalhan and ryanjm
I like the white seats but I don't like the white on the dash, in the photos I think it makes the car look cheap. I actually like the wood on the black. Also that gray headliner is just disappointing but I'm sure it simplifies production.
You can always wrap the white with wood. Its quite simple.

I've done it myself a couple of times. Its actual wood grain. I like 3M woodgrain the best however here are some color choices. Again...its quite simple to apply.

Wood Wrap | Wood Vinyl Wrap | Film | Sheets | Rolls

I tried searching the threads but couldn't find any updates on the white interior for the LR M3. As the 200K production vehicle is around the corner, and also the 1/Jul deadline for the premium wireless package, would have been great if Tesla/Musk talked about white interior for LR (he did mention it being available for Performance).

Reactions: Toph
I tried searching the threads but couldn't find any updates on the white interior for the LR M3. As the 200K production vehicle is around the corner, and also the 1/Jul deadline for the premium wireless package, would have been great if Tesla/Musk talked about white interior for LR (he did mention it being available for Performance).
Pretty sure White interior rollout is P -> AWD -> LR -> SR

Reactions: Garlan Garner
From post on page 1:
Elon did say white should be available in 3-4 months to non-performance so that's potentially 12000~16000 white interior being made. Seems awfully low if it's shared across all three models.

Only 180K order on the first day - 20K already sold = 160K * 5% = 8K. That's only about 2 months based on the 1K/week white interior.

However, I couldn't find the tweet. That's what I remember. Definitely not July. The tweet was probably around May 20th. So months from there or months from July depending on how optimistic you are. The 100 kWh battery made it a little faster than I was expecting from Performance first down to the non-Performance X's, so you never know. But no definite timeline has been tweeted, just Performance first and non-Performance when they have enough white interior parts to support them.

From post on page 1:

However, I couldn't find the tweet. That's what I remember. Definitely not July. The tweet was probably around May 20th. So months from there or months from July depending on how optimistic you are. The 100 kWh battery made it a little faster than I was expecting from Performance first down to the non-Performance X's, so you never know. But no definite timeline has been tweeted, just Performance first and non-Performance when they have enough white interior parts to support them.
upload_2018-6-25_22-7-36.png

upload_2018-6-25_22-8-27.png

The whole "exclusive to performance' tag on the white interior order page is making me worried. How long will it be exclusive to performance? With the recent changes and the time frame estimates now extended to months, are we going to be waiting until 2019 just for white seats?

The whole "exclusive to performance' tag on the white interior order page is making me worried. How long will it be exclusive to performance? With the recent changes and the time frame estimates now extended to months, are we going to be waiting until 2019 just for white seats?
You never know.. If the demand for white seats in performance drops down to less than 1K per week.....it will roll out elsewhere.

I’m discouraged that it seems like it will now be a $1,500 option judging by the pricing on the performance model. I was under the assumption that it would be no extra charge similar to the Model S and X.

I too am discouraged. I am holding out for SR, AWD, and White. But being that it looks like SR won't be available until 2019, I'd be willing to go with LR. But now, it seems that if you want the white interior in non-Performance trim, you have to get LR, PUP, + potentially an additional $1,500 (if not more) upcharge. That's like $15,500 !!

--Cintoman