Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior on the Model 3 in Oz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Glass roof in our hot Aussie Summer does have me a bit concerned, but I'll just have to hope all the reviews are correct and it's not going to be too bad.
But I do think white interior would be better. I like the wood grain dash, not a fan of that white dash, so really I think seat covers will be the solution.
Just remember to leave the aircon on if parked in the sun, or put it on from the app 15 minutes before you return to your car

But I do think white interior would be better. I like the wood grain dash, not a fan of that white dash, so really I think seat covers will be the solution.
I’ve read elsewhere that seat covers are not recommended because they block the operation of the seat-mounted side airbags, unless you get covers specifically made for Model 3 to not block them (which of course will probably cost a lot more, just because).

I suggest seeing how you go without seat covers first. While the glass roof does get thermally very hot in the full sun, the tinting seems very effective and I’ve never had a problem with the black seats.

I’ve read elsewhere that seat covers are not recommended because they block the operation of the seat-mounted side airbags, unless you get covers specifically made for Model 3 to not block them (which of course will probably cost a lot more, just because).

I suggest seeing how you go without seat covers first. While the glass roof does get thermally very hot in the full sun, the tinting seems very effective and I’ve never had a problem with the black seats.

Thanks, I think the white for me is more about the aesthetics, my current car has a light interior and I really like it compared to my other cars. That's a good point about the airbags, though.

From the model 3 user manual, once in the seating section and at least 3 times in the airbag section;

WARNING: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat- mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with an occupant detection system that is used to determine the status of the passenger front airbag, seat covers may interfere with this system