Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior with dogs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody,

I am awaiting my LR AWD white/white/19 FSD. I have been thinking about how my dog would work on the white interior over and over. Does anybody have any opinions on large dogs in white interior vs black interior? We got hiking alot and often would have dirt or mud on his feet.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
We have a 2019 white on white MX and a 1 yr old, 110# German Shepherd puppy. Our MX is a six seater and he fits very snuggly between the middle seats. We do a fair bit of hiking and getting muddy too. He’s trained enough not to go on the seats, but the hair is our problem. These things shed like crazy.

D3945969-4AD9-4D9F-AD52-84A3D4FF869F.jpeg

Hello everybody,

I am awaiting my LR AWD white/white/19 FSD. I have been thinking about how my dog would work on the white interior over and over. Does anybody have any opinions on large dogs in white interior vs black interior? We got hiking alot and often would have dirt or mud on his feet.

I have a light brown/blonde terrier mix that rides along in my black interior MY and the contrast of pieces of his light hair against the dark interior makes it extremely noticeable. Dirt and dust paw prints from gravel and sidewalks are also very noticeable since they’re lighter colored marks against the interior. I think it’s unavoidable either way that our pets will dirty up the interior regardless of color. I suggest you get whatever color you find most attractive for the car but invest in some decent back seat pet covers. There are quite a few good options on Amazon. Hope you get your MY soon.

• Love
Reactions: ra88it and Kelr316
Thanks to both of you. That is good to know, I did not consider the contract of hair vs the seat. @Freds88 how is wiping off the dirt and dust paw prints? Extremely easy hopefully?

Yup very easy.. I always keep ArmorAll wipes in the trunk pocket. :D The backseat pet covers definitely help but get annoying if you regularly have people sitting in the back since it’s quite uncomfortable.

We have a 2019 white on white MX and a 1 yr old, 110# German Shepherd puppy. Our MX is a six seater and he fits very snuggly between the middle seats. We do a fair bit of hiking and getting muddy too. He’s trained enough not to go on the seats, but the hair is our problem. These things shed like crazy.

View attachment 542265

Beautiful pup! Do you use any sort of portable vacuum to help with the shedding?

In your Model Y, are you guys thinking about putting dogs in the back seat (with a seat cover), or put them in the trunk area? We've got an 85 pound black lab and have ordered the white interior, but wondering whether we can put him in the trunk area, with maybe some sort of trunk pad/cover. We currently travel long distances with him taking the 3rd row of our Subaru Ascent.

There's some more information about white seats from this thread here...

Otherwise, as I said in the post above, I'm planning on getting a dog hammock in the rear seat. Orvis makes a really nice one. Apparently it fits in the M3 very well, and I've asked someone who's got a MY already to do some measurements and it fits! =D

It's just me and the husky so I'm cool with a hammock. I figure the fur won't be as bad against white seats. I have a white leather couch at home and it looks infinitely better than my dark brown hardwood floors that contrasts against every little spec of dust/fur that flies off his coat. I don't think the trunk is really large enough for his craziness, especially since it slopes downwards. I also like that in the back seat, I can buckle him down or tether him onto the child seat bar. He goes crazy in the car and needs to be leashed.

Beautiful pup! Do you use any sort of portable vacuum to help with the shedding?

Thanks @tcoombes - He's growing like crazy considering he was barely 10 pounds when we got him.

I just have one of those Dyson stick vacs that is rated "animal". I believe ours is a V8 or something like that. Having a flat floor makes it easier to vacuum it. But we do try to deshed my dog at least every other day. I can knit a whole sweater from what I get from him.

• Funny
Reactions: jhams