TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

White interiors. P100D vs. Non-P

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Anzir, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

For those who are ordering the white interior, apparently there is a difference in the lower dash for Performance models vs. Standard models. The Tesla website shows a white lower dash when looking at interiors, but I took delivery of a P100D yesterday and my white interior had a black lower dash. I did not realize this when I ordered and I have no idea when the change occurred. But, it goes very well with the graphite trim.

Screenshot_20180803-110105_Chrome.jpg 20180802_143706.jpg 20180802_144404.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I think u got a unicorn I just went by Tesla store today and they have P100 like mine but the white interior has a white lower dash:(...I do agree whenever this stealth change happened no one picked up on but looks good !

3. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Could have been an accident, who knows?

It does look good though, def keep it. Who doesn't love a unicorn?

• Like x 2
  4. outie

outie Active Member

I know they started with the S first a while back and people were saying the X still has white lower dash. Since you took delivery yesterday it’s likely they have made the same switch on the X.

• Informative x 1
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Lol explains where all that extra white vegan is coming from for those P3s;)

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. outie

outie Active Member

Actually if you look at the configurator the P100D does indeed have black lower dash on the white ventilated seats. The regular X does not have white ventilated seats and has white lower dash. I am not sure if it’s always been like that since the ventilated seats came back.

7. outie

outie Active Member

It’s not funny anymore.

8. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Yup

Screenshot_20180803-160545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180803-160616_Chrome.jpg

9. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

10. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

Some people are posting that it's another case of paying more for less. I guess that is subjective to the esthetic. I actually prefer it myself. It continues the look from the black alcantara headliner.

• Like x 2
  11. outie

outie Active Member

Consider Tesla charges $1,500 for white interior on the 3, you are indeed paying more for less ;)

• Funny x 2
  12. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

We’re u charged for the white interior ? It should be included my config didn’t show a price earlier this year for black premium ..

13. Anzir

Anzir Supporting Member

People are equating paying the P100D premium and not getting white on the dash as getting less. I was not charged any upgrade for the interior except the 6-seat config.