Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Premium or Black Textile Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anxiously awaiting my X in June. I configured with Black Textile seats but am now thinking of switching to White Premium with carbon. Think it will present a more roomier feeling inside the cabin? The exterior color is White. We have 2 kids. Any pros or cons for going with White? I have read that it is super easy to clean except for blue jean fading stains. On the contrary I have heard that Black Textile is very comfy. Thanks for your insight based on your experience.

• Disagree
Reactions: GayForEllon
Personally I would not pay 90K for a car and get cloth seats. Cloth seats might look fine new, but they are going to look pretty yucky as they age. Think about all the BO that it absorbs

Actually we have the "cloth" on our 2017 S and the white on our 2017 7-seater X. We have a very active 2 yearly who's always dragging mud and sand and other stuff into the car and loves to kick the seats with dirty shoes on. BOTH sets of seats have held up EXTREMELY well -- the co-called "cloth" seats are NOT like the cloth you'll find on a chevy or toyota -- they're EXTREMELY durable material, indestructible, and do NOT absorb sweat etc. Moreover, about 50% of the seat is made using the SAME fake black leather as the $3300 premium black seats, so they actually look ALMOST IDENTICAL.

The white seats have held up GREAT as well - we have never even felt the need to THINK about cleaning them. That said, I don't allow pens/markers in the car, and limit beverages to water and food to things that won't make crumbs... but it's great either way! PM me if you'd like to discuss and if you're in LA and want to see the black textile and the white interiors side by side in our 2 cars, you're welcome to do so!!!

I had textile in my S and now white in my X. Agreed that the textile are much better than cloth in lower end cars. White seats with door and dashboard panels looks so cool. Makes everything look futuristic. Nearly 1 year in and anything wipes off very easily. As far as comfort well both are premium seats. The textile may be relatively a bit firmer and some will find that more comfortable and some will find white more comfortable presumably being slightly plushier.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I have a X with white seats and 3 very young kids - kids were extra and no longer an available option thru tesla. White holds up very well, as many have already commented. However, careful when cleaning because the threading will be recepitve to some discoloration and, as far as i can see, are not really dirt repelant.

• Funny
Reactions: Kuhz