Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seats - Jeans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I wondered also if that could be the case, of the use of the heat seater on higher settings could be contributing. It is not happening at all though on the driver's side and my passenger seat is completely unoccupied 95% of the time.

Car is only six months old so if it continues to "ripen" then I'll eventually have to press Tesla on doing something about it as I paid quite a bit more for their supposedly "best" interior option.
Hmm, I only have it in my driver's seat. I almost never have the seat heater on high either. I'll have to ask about it next time at the SC, maybe a material defect.

Mine look like they have “stretch marks” from jean stains occasionally but it always comes off with the Lysol wipes.

I saw a demo car at the Tesla store with terrible jean stains, I wanted to see if the wipes would be able to get that out. However, cleaning the seats of a car in the store would be weird. So I didn’t

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS
Correct, it's the starboard thigh bolster on the passenger side seat.
I’m having the same issue same seat & side. My mother in law sat in that seat all weekend and now it looks like your pic. Blue with stretch marks. When I went to clean it with a Clorox wipe it looked like the material in that spot was thinner or weaker than the rest of the seat. Upon closer inspection it looks like the actual surface material has small tears. Car only has 7000 miles. I have mobile service coming tomorrow for a separate issue but will ask him about it.

• Helpful
Reactions: FutureShock
I’m having the same issue same seat & side. My mother in law sat in that seat all weekend and now it looks like your pic. Blue with stretch marks. When I went to clean it with a Clorox wipe it looked like the material in that spot was thinner or weaker than the rest of the seat. Upon closer inspection it looks like the actual surface material has small tears. Car only has 7000 miles. I have mobile service coming tomorrow for a separate issue but will ask him about it.

Please let me know what you find out. The seat should not wear out so easily when the car is only six months old.

Please let me know what you find out. The seat should not wear out so easily when the car is only six months old.
Ranger came out today. I had him take a look at the seats and he couldnt tell much of a difference but said I could get it replaced if I really wanted and gave me his number to follow up. I’ve already had the driver seat replaced for a different issue so if it gets any worse I’ll go that route.

I asked him what they recommend to clean the seats for jean stains. He called up the detailing guy at my local SC and he said they use meguiars all purpose cleaner or simple green and a magic eraser if it’s a tough stain.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
Ranger came out today. I had him take a look at the seats and he couldnt tell much of a difference but said I could get it replaced if I really wanted and gave me his number to follow up. I’ve already had the driver seat replaced for a different issue so if it gets any worse I’ll go that route.

I asked him what they recommend to clean the seats for jean stains. He called up the detailing guy at my local SC and he said they use meguiars all purpose cleaner or simple green and a magic eraser if it’s a tough stain.

Thanks. Did he agree that it was wear and not a stain?

I definitely recommend ceramic coating for light colored automotive interiors.
Gyon should be fine for a consumer-grade product.

It should be noted that almost all automotive leather, and "vegan" leather should be cleaned and treated in the same way because almost all automotive leather has a polyurethane coating, which is what vegan seats are made out of.
This is why leather conditioner on automotive seats is a waste of money because it cannot penetrate into the actual leather. It just sits on the surface until your clothing absorbs it. A notable exception is on perforated leather seats where the liquid conditioner can actually come in contact with the leather hide and help keep it pliable.
I definitely recommend ceramic coating for light colored automotive interiors.
Gyon should be fine for a consumer-grade product.

It should be noted that almost all automotive leather, and "vegan" leather should be cleaned and treated in the same way because almost all automotive leather has a polyurethane coating, which is what vegan seats are made out of.
This is why leather conditioner on automotive seats is a waste of money because it cannot penetrate into the actual leather. It just sits on the surface until your clothing absorbs it. A notable exception is on perforated leather seats where the liquid conditioner can actually come in contact with the leather hide and help keep it pliable.
To minimize this from happening you might consider having Opti-Guard Leather installed. It was designed for this exact purpose. See the video I made about it below.

However, to clean your seats effectively and safely in the meantime, use the lightest cleaner possible and work your way up in strength as needed. Too many people pull out the big guns first and either damage their seats or scrub too hard and damage the stitching. Also realize the some blue dyes are permanent so you might only be able to lighten the stain. Know when to stop. If the following method does not work, just stop and either live with it or contact a certified IDA Professional in your area.

This is the order we professionally clean blue-jean dyed white Tesla seats:
Opti-Coat No Rinse diluted 255:1 (one ounce in 2 gallons of water)
Opti-Coat Fabric Clean and Protect straight from the bottle
Opti-Coat Power Clean diluted with 9 parts water.
With each step just dampen a microfiber towel with the product and scrub lightly, being mindful of the raised stitching on the side bolsters. Let the product do the work, not your muscles.
Those Opti products are only available from certified Opti installers or from the links I provided.
Good luck!
Hi thanks for the suggestions. So you have to find a "certified" person to do this? this is not a self application job I take it. I looked on the website and there is no one near me. other suggestions?

Also I personally hate the white leather but I got the car used - a deal - I couldn't refuse so I figured Id deal with it but I am wondering if there are cover options that might kill two birds with one stone: the color and the staining problem?

any suggestions are welcome

Hi thanks for the suggestions. So you have to find a "certified" person to do this? this is not a self application job I take it. I looked on the website and there is no one near me. other suggestions?
Correct, this needs to be applied by a certified installer. Where are you located? I might be able to help find someone.
You can also email the company directly at [email protected]

i have these stretch marks in my 13 day old car...i noticed it maybe on day 2. I have never worn jeans in the car My previous experience with tesla SC hasnt been great but i will definitely press them for this...it looks like a defective leather panel. Its only that bolster (driverside on the left)
Those kinds of stretch marks are pretty common. You might try to get them to address it but the new panels they install will likely do the same thing. I would just think of it as normal, like how real leather never looks perfect but instead starts to show some character after some use.