Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/Synthetic Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
I'm curious as to how this feels in person. My local Tesla dealer only had black leather interiors, which felt great to me. When I played with the samples on the wall (1 large, soft sample. 1 small, hard sample) the hard sample felt very similar to the leather samples. When I played with the large sample - and I apologize for the description, it's just what pops into mind - it was nice and soft, but then it kind of reminded me like the foam balls used by my kids in dodgeball.

Has anyone gone from leather to synthetic or vice versa that can comment on the difference in feel?

We struggled with this decision as well. The white syn-leather is very soft, much softer than leather. Neither feels bad. We went with the vegan white syn-leather, but I think that soft may also mean less durable over time. It is the one design choice we probably second guess the most. On a car this expensive I am afraid that leather is the logical choice.

Just a note, but nowhere on the current Tesla site does it say that the White seats are synthetic, nor does it actually say that the other colors are leather. The premium package does say "Leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard when paired with leather seating" but no indication is given which seats are leather or not.
I'm not saying they are or are not, just that it is curious that Tesla doesn't call out one or the other.

Just a note, but nowhere on the current Tesla site does it say that the White seats are synthetic, nor does it actually say that the other colors are leather.

On the ordering screen, it calls out the "Black Leather Seats" and "Tan Leather Seats" This is displayed under the Interior options when you click on the different selections.

Although, for the Model S. It does NOT call out the leather seats for the new premium seats. The only leather option is for "Black Leather Seats" under "Classic Black" the older style seats.

For white it says "White seats are stain resistant, easy to clean, and perform best of all seats during high volume test drives. Tesla Recommended." on both the MS and MX build screens. It doesn't say synthetic or vegan either.

My input is with a Model X only days old so I cannot speak of durability but both of us are pleased with ==>zero<=== reservations with the feel, look and overall comfort of the white, whether it is vegan, cannibalistic or martian. That is after three years with tan leather in the Model S.

both of us are pleased with ==>zero<=== reservations with the feel, look and overall comfort of the white, whether it is vegan, canned balistic or martian.

If it is indeed martial leather, I think the $3300 is a heck of a deal. It also explains SpaceX and Elons obsession with Mars....

And thank you for the input coming from leather. Do you find it just softer, or a bit squishy as well? Does it still offer good support?