Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whitestar name ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the name Earth 2

A truly global name that says he car is not only the 2nd model form Tesla but is environmentally perfect.

Downside might be that it does not sound "fast" but names like Tornado and Scirocco are old news.

Tesla Roadster
Tesla Earth 2
Tesla Blue Star

Last edited:
I'll add my vote to Tesla Sedan as the name of the Whitestar, but I do see a possible problem in later years when Tesla want to indicate the 2015 Sedan is a very different model than the 2012 Sedan what do they do then? Sedan 2.0 ?

Cobos

I do not think Porsche has a problem with Carreras having the same name for 60years now.

Stiking to a single name a long time adds an aura of confidence to the car. Calling it simply Sedan would add some more if it. "This car is so great it doesn't need a fancy name". It is "The Sedan".

Wanna sedan? Get Tesla!

The Roadster doesn't actually say Roadster on it anywhere.

Perhaps the Sedan should just be un-named?

Actually many luxury car makers just use letter number combinations...

Like a BMW 525i or Mecedes 500SL

Perhaps Tesla should have the R220 for the 220mile range roadster.
Some future "club racing" variant could be the R120-GT

The sedan could be the "E180" for the 180 mile range electric version
and "RE500" for the one with the ICE range extender.

...?...

Perhaps Tesla should have the R220 for the 220mile range roadster.

I'm a Mercedes driver, and I like its naming convention, so I'd be up for this idea. The numbers on MBZs relate to engine size as expressed in centiliters, such that the SL500 has a 500 centiliter engine, and the C220 a 220 centiliter. Because engine size and power development have some connection, perhaps TM might focus on motor or battery capacity rather than range, as range is a number they can't pinpoint until fairly far into the development process, and varies widely with driving style.

Was thinking the same about using mileage as part of a naming convention. The offical EPA nuber comes in the last weeks before a car comes out (normally) so that would make it hard to apply to all the production bits that need actual car name.

Battery capacity is good but that changes (drops) daily as it ages so that's problamatic as well.

So what other controlable metric can be used in a car name?

Version number
Air flow CD
Electronically limited top speed
Weight
Motor size
Battery count
Cup holders