Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time may vary. The first winter I had the car the app wasn't even released yet. Sometimes I'd run outside and crack a door slightly so the heater would start up. This wouldn't heat the pack but at least the cabin would warm up.

If you're preheating be sure to take advantage of any source of AC power available. Better to draw from the AC mains than your battery pack. My car takes 11 kW when preheating (pack heater and cabin heater are both about 6 kW).

Wayne, when my wife and I picked up our "D" last Saturday, the service concierge said it could take up to two days for the app to work with the new car...honestly, we didn't check until last night (3 days)...the app was working fine then...you might have to give it another day...

I brought my car home 27 hours ago and my app still isn't active. Isn't this supposed to happen within 24 hrs? It would have been nice to preheat the car tonight with the -17 deep chill.

The Dashboard still says production is finished and your vehicle is being prepared for delivery or something like that which is the same thing that it has said since production finished there weeks ago or so.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're preheating be sure to take advantage of any source of AC power available. Better to draw from the AC mains than your battery pack. My car takes 11 kW when preheating (pack heater and cabin heater are both about 6 kW).
Why does that matter if you don't drive a lot? I drive about 50km per day to work and back. I was only going to bother to plug in every few days since I didn't think there was much point plugging in when I am 75% charged or so.

I think it is like the old "boy scout" creed of "always being prepared"...after many tens of thousands of electric km driven, my wife and I found the practise of always being prepared (read always have enough range in the battery) to accommodate life's ever changing moments is important...at least to our family...thus, for us, it is best to always plug in and have enough range / not be wasteful of your battery's current SOC, because "you never know what lies around the corner" ...life (plans) can change quickly, so why miss an opportunity due to a lack of range? (Lack of battery range = time delays) ...ergo, it is better to heat the battery and cabin on shore power, rather than use (the finite energy source) in your battery...jmo

The Dashboard still says production is finished and your vehicle is being prepared for delivery or something like that which is the same thing that it has said since production finished there weeks ago or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does that matter if you don't drive a lot? I drive about 50km per day to work and back. I was only going to bother to plug in every few days since I didn't think there was much point plugging in when I am 75% charged or so.

Wayne, when my wife and I picked up our "D" last Saturday, the service concierge said it could take up to two days for the app to work with the new car...honestly, we didn't check until last night (3 days)...the app was working fine then...you might have to give it another day...
Personally I would call them and ask. It can be pretty quick too (my first car was about an hour after I asked the DS) though obviously they are busier than usual.

Well after ending up in P85D limbo, finally got my car today (recent weather in southern BC and Alberta didn't help).
Got 2 out of 3 in the 'lottery' - next gen seats in back and yacht floor, but struck out on the heated steering wheel - C'est la vie

The sun was already starting to set, so the steel grey looks pretty dark in this quick pic I took with phone

View attachment 68416
Very Nice. Hope to see you around town :biggrin:

My Tesla web site now changed to Late January delivery. Was hoping to show up for the Southern Ontario meeting on the 21st with my new ride but looks like I'll be running the Benz S500. On the other hand, miracles still happen.

That is still ridiculous to me. Are they building you a new one? Theoretically my car may start building soon and they think they can get me the car by late January. I guess you are slightly further and maybe they are making allowances for winter driving etc. I'm not trying to rile you up - you probably don't need much help :) but it probably doesn't hurt to keep the pressure up.

My app finally went live about 50 hrs after I got the car. But I was bugging Scott and some of the other guys at Lawrence and they were going to contact HQ so maybe they did something to get it turned on that was missed a few days ago.

Now I just need my XM radio to authorize. I was driving around for an hour today listening to the freakin' preview channel.

Finally got my car! Loved my Sig but there are so many improvements and new features it's unreal.
image.jpg

Last edited: