Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Canada will order the new P85D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

My poor baby, freezing out in the cold :-(
(I might love this car too much!).

Bloody cold out there, regardless!

No indication. I think it fell under one of the robots.

Might be time to escalate - I think you have been more patient than most of us yet I'm not sure if anyone has waited as long and has still virtually no information. You've hung in there so long now that if you re-order you will be a fair way down the queue - at the very least they should try to get you a January build if that happens.

Picked my car up yesterday! Well, I didn't exactly pick it up. I inspected it, signed it off and the Tesla guys are going to drop it off at the detailer later this week for wrapping.

Unfortunately I lost the heated wheel & seat lotteries... but I can't complain. The existing seats will serve me fine, and I didn't expect the heated wheel anyway.

Thanks To Scott & Jay for an excellent experience!

Now I have to figure out how to get it back to Sudbury. Without Barrie running yet, and without the range software upgrade it might be a bit of a fiasco!

Picked my car up yesterday! Well, I didn't exactly pick it up. I inspected it, signed it off and the Tesla guys are going to drop it off at the detailer later this week for wrapping.

Unfortunately I lost the heated wheel & seat lotteries... but I can't complain. The existing seats will serve me fine, and I didn't expect the heated wheel anyway.

Thanks To Scott & Jay for an excellent experience!

Now I have to figure out how to get it back to Sudbury. Without Barrie running yet, and without the range software upgrade it might be a bit of a fiasco!

Overnight at the Bayside, Parry Sound.

After reading all your posts for the past couple of weeks, I finally decided to join in the conversation. I've felt like I've been on such a roller coaster reading all the posts as well as going through my own personal situation. I originally ordered the S in August with a scheduled "Late October" delivery date. In September this delivery date got changed to December. However, after the unveiling of the D, I ordered the P85D and confirmed this on October 17th (VIN 63061). My delivery was then changed (like most of you) to Late December. I am a little unsure of when my car actually went into production. As per the Dashboard, it was in the "queue" until December 15th, when it all of a sudden said that it was being prepared for pick up. I was quite excited at that time, as was Scott. However, a few days later, the Dashboard said, it was going into production and then a few days after that, it said that it was back in the queue again. My car was apparently going backward. I was expecting a December 27th delivery but like many of you, mine was also stuck in Chicago. I have now heard that the car will likely arrive over the next few days and we are hoping to pick it up on Monday the 12th. After the past few weeks, I have completely decided to not get too upset with the proceedings and will get the car when it is time. From what I've read, it is certainly worth the wait.

After reading all your posts for the past couple of weeks, I finally decided to join in the conversation. I've felt like I've been on such a roller coaster reading all the posts as well as going through my own personal situation. I originally ordered the S in August with a scheduled "Late October" delivery date. In September this delivery date got changed to December. However, after the unveiling of the D, I ordered the P85D and confirmed this on October 17th (VIN 63061). My delivery was then changed (like most of you) to Late December. I am a little unsure of when my car actually went into production. As per the Dashboard, it was in the "queue" until December 15th, when it all of a sudden said that it was being prepared for pick up. I was quite excited at that time, as was Scott. However, a few days later, the Dashboard said, it was going into production and then a few days after that, it said that it was back in the queue again. My car was apparently going backward. I was expecting a December 27th delivery but like many of you, mine was also stuck in Chicago. I have now heard that the car will likely arrive over the next few days and we are hoping to pick it up on Monday the 12th. After the past few weeks, I have completely decided to not get too upset with the proceedings and will get the car when it is time. From what I've read, it is certainly worth the wait.
Welcome to TMC and the world of Tesla! Yes it will be with the wait. I just mentioned to someone that I love the car, the company and the people but as it has been said many times before the corporate communication leaves much to be desired. Send me an email to [email protected] if you would like to take part in our owner's club.
Thanks

Hey 2Raptor2, I did exactly the same as you even with the same ordering dates. At least your car made it to Chicago while mine for all I know is being used for joy rides around the Fremont track or doesn't even exist.

John, the border seems to present a problem because few truck drivers have the documents to do cross border business.

Hey 2Raptor2, I did exactly the same as you even with the same ordering dates. At least your car made it to Chicago while mine for all I know is being used for joy rides around the Fremont track or doesn't even exist.

John, the border seems to present a problem because few truck drivers have the documents to do cross border business.
Seems weird, you would think it would be the same drivers going back and forth.
mrElbe you should email Jerome for an official update. Scott is a great guy but doesn't get much more info than we do. I just emailed Jerome about the lousy corporate communication. It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.