Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is buying a LHD Refresh M S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that it has come “off” sale.

Probably due to poor sales, or, maybe they are having a clean break for a few months before introducing a new RHD version for sale in the autumn? One can hope.
They’ve not been shipping many to Europe either I think, it’s almost 3 years old I think the Plaid. Not saying they’ll refresh it just yet but next year or two it’ll need a bit of TLC I think.

Maybe finally can get some more energy dense batteries, do say a 120kWh pack, unleash more of the power of those motors and do the Plaid+. Also get their crown back from Lucid.

120kWh pack M3P please, or just 100kWh... I'm flexible.
Yeah don’t see it getting 120kWh anytime soon but 100kWh would still be a massive step up and enough to properly unlock the new motor they’ve put in it.

Needs chemistry improvements so they can do it and not increase the weight. It’s coming, the Nio semi solid state battery can get 150kWh into a car the size of a Model 3 and it weights the same as their 100kWh battery. Just very expensive at the moment as they’ve not ramped production enough.

If Tesla doesn’t do this, others will so it’ll force their hand when the time comes.

Reactions: Durzel
Yeah don’t see it getting 120kWh anytime soon but 100kWh would still be a massive step up and enough to properly unlock the new motor they’ve put in it.

Needs chemistry improvements so they can do it and not increase the weight. It’s coming, the Nio semi solid state battery can get 150kWh into a car the size of a Model 3 and it weights the same as their 100kWh battery. Just very expensive at the moment as they’ve not ramped production enough.

If Tesla doesn’t do this, others will so it’ll force their hand when the time comes.
But will also lengthen rapid charging times as it is currently capped due to the 400V architecture.

Basically every time you improve a component, another one needs upgrading.

Tesla needs to switch to a 800V architecture like many competitors have already done, would also improve charging times on many 3rd party rapid chargers across Europe, only then it would make sense for them to improve battery packs capacity.

Reactions: Garry TheBiz
But will also lengthen rapid charging times as it is currently capped due to the 400V architecture.

Basically every time you improve a component, another one needs upgrading.

Tesla needs to switch to a 800V architecture like many competitors have already done, would also improve charging times on many 3rd party rapid chargers across Europe, only then it would make sense for them to improve battery packs capacity.
Well exactly why the S and X need revamping. Cybertruck is 800V, they need to filter that down but it's a pretty big revamp to do it I imagine for a low volume car is all.