Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is buying a LHD Refresh M S/X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want to keep the car and resell in the future, the value would not hold much, especially if Tesla decide to resume right hand drive production. I can see potential use case of buying lhd car if at some point in the near future you want to move and live in Europe…,

Reactions: Caramel
will RSymons buy one for a video - he must be tempted, but also as a reseller he’ll be wary of future values
I don't know if his channel is big enough to justify the purchase. Also, as you say, he's got one foot in the used car sales market as well, so probably knows it's not a wise decision.

I imagine most of the inventory that has gone will have gone to influencers who want to be the first to post their Edvard Munch looking YouTube thumbnail videos.

i on the other hand, would actually see Model S and X actually holding value much better than 3/Y.

as coleague of mine said - model 3 is as common as muck nowadays, while X is exotic and provides stuff which no other tesla does.

Wow this is nuts. Not exactly a sign of a healthy model/brand! If the entire RHD market isn't viable, it can't be long till LHD follows. Maybe this is what is ultimately needed though - true new generation platforms for S and X with all they've learned from 3/Y/CT. From a clean sheet, they could probably make S and X closer to 75k than 100k while still being more profitable. Everyone's a winner. Hope the future looks like that - would be a shame to loose half the S3XY fleet! :(

For what it's worth I've been driving a RHD old BMW in Norway for 10 years. Never really a problem. Someone bought me the grabber thingy but I never used it! :) For seeing to overtake just hang back further. I developed a good fast stretch/shimmy over for ticket booths, etc, and that's with a handbrake lever and gear stick in the way, although usually the Mrs is in the car so no worries. Plus the looks of bewilderment when you do Maccy D's drive through in reverse are priceless! :) (just make sure you don't get stuck or you'll look a real pillock).

Still, not sure I'd put 100k into a new LHD for UK though!

Tesla trying their very best to persuade me to go elsewhere for my next EV..... their recent decisions are astonishing.

In the seminar last week at the start of the presentation they repeated Tesla’s mission of sustainability, etc, which came across a bit odd given the reason we joined the call.

In retrospect they may have meant “we are not a car company, and we built the MS to prove a point” and “mission accomplished”, that’s why we can’t be arsed to build the RHD as there is no need, but out of courtesy we’ll make the LHD available!