Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is driving...?

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
BTW, when the seat starts moving way up, or way back to another profile setting, it can be uncomfortable to you and to others in the back seat. You can cancel the adjustment by press the profile "Cancel" notification already up on the screen as the seat is moving so neither you, nor the rear passenger, get crushed.

phayze one

Apr 9, 2021
LA (818)
This may in fact be the best workaround currently available: set up an easy entry profile based on the tallest/largest driver, and set both profiles to use easy entry. Interesting.
This is what we do. My boyfriend is a considerably different height than me and we drive the car equally. Easy Entry is active for both our profiles, so either way, that is what either of us sits in to start.
Though I suppose if you're setting Easy Entry settings to the tallest driver, that driver profile doesn't need to have EE enabled.

Reactions: srlawren

SilentFlight

Sep 5, 2021
Netherlands
This is what we do. My boyfriend is a considerably different height than me and we drive the car equally. Easy Entry is active for both our profiles, so either way, that is what either of us sits in to start.
Though I suppose if you're setting Easy Entry settings to the tallest driver, that driver profile doesn't need to have EE enabled.
Same situation here with my girlfriend, and yes, that could be a good solution except I think if the seat was set to my height even when the car picked her as the driver, I may not notice and would at times start driving with my girlfriend's settings.

SilentFlight

Sep 5, 2021
Netherlands
Is it possible to have the main driver use the phone and the secondary one use a keycard? I am a new owner.
Of course. But that would defeat the purpose of having the phone key set up for the other driver - I'm not sure if my girlfriend would like that :) I don't even like the idea myself. She may drive less but why should she not be able to use her phone key?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC