TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Who is shorting TSLA?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by TradingInvest, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TradingInvest

TradingInvest Active Member

I would like to understand who's shorting TSLA, and their rational. Please add to this thread if you have info.

2. destructure00

destructure00 Active Member

Go on Twitter and search $TSLAQ

• Informative x 1
  3. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Moderator

I would like to know which hedge funds have an interest in pushing down TSLA and do so by dumping large blocks of shares. Any ideas?

4. TradingInvest

Jim Chanos
    David Einhorn
    Mark B. Spiegel

5. neezer

neezer Member

Well, this isn't exactly related directly, but, I found it interesting to see how yesterday's market action on TSLA was a shifting of a full $11/share by the market makers ... nice profits they (at of course the obvious expense of losses of others) are making, riding the wave of news like the Berlin announcement and the M3 winning Germany Car of the Year on Tues.

6. TradingInvest

#6 TradingInvest, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    CrowPointPartners
    Now sure if this company shorts TSLA. It seems their Twitter posts are all TESLAQ related.

• Informative x 2
  7. jeewee3000

jeewee3000 Member

Just go to SA and look around.

First article I saw: Tesla Lost Market Share In Q3 To BMW, Mercedes, Audi And Volvo - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

This guy discloses he is short TSLA because he presents "facts" to prove Tesla loses market share to OEMs, so the narrative that Tesla is gaining market share is false.

Watch CNBC and you'll hear similar opinions.

I prefer to base my investment thesis on facts given out in the ER.

8. TradingInvest

Tim Seymour, CIO of Seymour Asset Management. He talks about why he stays short TSLA on CNBC.

9. anthonyj

anthonyj Stonks

He’s a waste of sperm and egg

• Funny x 1
  10. defc0n

defc0n Active Member

11. AudubonB

AudubonB RIP Borealis 2006-2020

Most of the large investment funds - so-called "hedge" or otherwise, have by law their investment positions as of the end of each prior quarter showing in publicly-accessible documents.

If anyone is so inclined to go through the tedium, you can do your EDGAR searches to come up with the answer to this thread's question. Alternatively, Barron's used to be a source of same but I've not had a subscription for...gaaacckk...about thirty years.

The daily televised show-and-tell farces are truly reprehensible (Curt R can debate me with this one). But if you care to disagree with me on that, you have to be able to counter this rhetorical question: Why on earth would we ever publicly discuss anything but our book (what our current investment positions are, combined with bashing the positions we've recently sold and not discussing what we're trying to accumulate)? The sole utility they had...and still have, I am sure, is in demonstrating insight as to macroeconomic events we consider important.