Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who makes gateway type devices for 400A service homes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kohler makes a number on industrial 400A transfer switches. Very programmable too. I got one on Ebay that had never been installed for about $1200 and mated it with my 30 KW diesel generator. A great pair, and have modbus interfaces to a remote control and display panel in my house.

Tesla doesn't play with 3rd party transfer switches, so it will never be clean, but for non-tesla batteries there are a number of solutions. EV's with decent sized batteries and V2H are now just getting cheap enough for me to pair them with something like a solaredge bidirectional EV charger so the economic model closes for load shifting. And you get a free "car" as well. It's a lot cheaper than buying the equivalent number of powerwalls, though I don't need to power everything in the home on battery since my genset does that.

Kohler makes a number on industrial 400A transfer switches. Very programmable too. I got one on Ebay that had never been installed for about $1200 and mated it with my 30 KW diesel generator. A great pair, and have modbus interfaces to a remote control and display panel in my house.

Tesla doesn't play with 3rd party transfer switches, so it will never be clean, but for non-tesla batteries there are a number of solutions. EV's with decent sized batteries and V2H are now just getting cheap enough for me to pair them with something like a solaredge bidirectional EV charger so the economic model closes for load shifting. And you get a free "car" as well. It's a lot cheaper than buying the equivalent number of powerwalls, though I don't need to power everything in the home on battery since my genset does that.

cool!

I just want a simple way to diagram a 400 amp service home for V2H during emergencies.

Gets a bit complicated with batteries, solar, and loads having to be split across two 200 amp panels.