Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who says these aren’t cold weather cars (M3P at the track)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a chance to bring the M3P to Monticello Motor Club for a snow day at the track in Monticello, NY. Switched to track mode and had two long sessions between charging sessions (they have three home chargers at the track).

The car was a beast and was faster than anything not driven by a professional driver. Can’t wait to play again. Learning to hang it out just before the car takes control back will maximize the fun. Can’t recommend the Pirelli Sottozero IIs enough.

The last car is my anti-Tesla, a totally analog lifted ‘82 911 Safari. ;)

Attachments

• 66219B9A-231C-4E87-B9A4-F5BFAA65EF9B.jpeg
    66219B9A-231C-4E87-B9A4-F5BFAA65EF9B.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 91
  • ACDA933A-3837-44D9-AEC1-AE09458466D4.jpeg
    ACDA933A-3837-44D9-AEC1-AE09458466D4.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 8A98640A-A15B-45EA-ADCD-D86EE78ECBC0.jpeg
    8A98640A-A15B-45EA-ADCD-D86EE78ECBC0.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 80
The car was a beast and was faster than anything not driven by a professional driver. Can’t wait to play again. Learning to hang it out just before the car takes control back will maximize the fun. Can’t recommend the Pirelli Sottozero IIs enough.

That's awesome! I'm a big fan of the Sottozero 2's for their excellent feedback on any surface and their excellent performance and quiet ride on bare or bare/wet pavement. But I think you would go a bit faster on snow/ice with a more snow focussed winter tire. You might even beat some of those professional drivers! Of course, the Sottozero 2's would be more fun if you just like spinning them up and hanging the back end out.:D

Wait, you mean some people would trade slideways for speed? I don’t understand those people...

That's awesome! I'm a big fan of the Sottozero 2's for their excellent feedback on any surface and their excellent performance and quiet ride on bare or bare/wet pavement. But I think you would go a bit faster on snow/ice with a more snow focussed winter tire. You might even beat some of those professional drivers! Of course, the Sottozero 2's would be more fun if you just like spinning them up and hanging the back end out.:D

• Love
Reactions: SammichLover
Wait, you mean some people would trade slideways for speed? I don’t understand those people...

The Sottozero's are actually faster in winter conditions most people encounter most of the time. When you get to the fun stuff, yes, you can find faster tires but they suck at everything else. Like wearing a raincoat and boots when it's sunny out. And having to do it every sunny day, all winter long. Pretty soon Spring can't come fast enough. The Sottozero's are fun all winter long.