Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who uses the Gen 3 wallcharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanting to know if those with the 3rd gen are getting 44 mph on a model 3 charge. Mine will be here Wednesday. I’ve been using the mobile connector since July of 2018 but I finally decided with the new version I would jump on board with it.

Works good...
IMG_1076.PNG

Reactions: Johnny Mac
Wanting to know if those with the 3rd gen are getting 44 mph on a model 3 charge. Mine will be here Wednesday. I’ve been using the mobile connector since July of 2018 but I finally decided with the new version I would jump on board with it.

Which model 3 do you have? Only the Long Range and Performance models charge faster than 32 amps.

I tried the wifi setup, and quickly lost wifi connection with the gen3, it does not display it's wifi network anymore. It does charge at 44mph, I have a 60amp breaker. Anyone here tried the wifi settings and ran into the same issue?

Answering my own question.. After some research I found that if you hold down the button on the charge handle for 5 seconds the wall charger will reset and you will see the SSID advertised again. I was able to connect and complete the wall charger setup. Its now on wifi. I would have been cool if the wall charger showed up on the Tesla APP and I can track my energy usage etc. But I guess it is coming soon.

After initial setup, I too lost the ability to see the charger on my network. Calls to support ended with them telling me they have a current bug with the charger's display of the MAC address and that future updates will address it. Failed to explain how the charger will be able to receive any future updates if it is not maintaining a persistent connection to my network.