Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's the FIRST person you'll take on a ride in your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto here. Immediate family and folks. I'm hoping to be getting the 3 for my folks. However, this weekend I took them for a visit to our new house with the Model S, and they had a hard time getting in and out of the car (dad has trouble moving around). Not sure if the 3 will work for them.:(

Reactions: Red Sage
Call me stingy, but other than my immediate family members, i would not openly invite anyone else to sit in my Model 3, which is my precious and only the bums of my family will have the privilege to rub upon my car seats.

If relatives/friends ask for a ride.... sureee, but i'm not gonna open my mouth to invite them.

Strangers? Out of the question. Sorry but no thanks.

For my first drive behind the wheel it will be my dad or my brother... both car nuts and it would be great to get their impressions.

But I actually think it will be my wife who will be first to actually get behind the wheel - a little thankyou for putting up with my constant Tesla discussions for the three year wait.

I am SO looking forward to the whole pin-the-passenger tour!
Without question my darling better half gets first dibs, especially after having putting up with nonstop Model 3 Mania the last few months (and another 2 years to go). Beyond that the list gets long, I'll probably need to takes a few days off just to do all the Family and Friends requests. Then there's at least 50+ people at work who can't wait to get Ludicroussed. And after attending the great Branchez Vous Montreal EV event this past weekend (translates to Plug Yourself In) I can't wait to my turn to join in the fun as a volunteer taking folks for rides around the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve F1 track. No hanger queen will this 3 be...

First passenger would be my wife, of course. She'll want to know what all the excitement is about. Next will be in order of distance from home. It will be a weekend-long road trip to show off my new toy. :) I will be taking my mom for a ride (so I can scare the crap out of her by letting the car drive itself), then my father in law and then my mother in law (who prefers a luxury car and is curious about driving a pure electric).

When threads like this happen along, we are running out of topics....

Look on the bright side. At least Tesla showed us what we are getting at the end of this tunnel. Some of us waited 4 years chatting about and looking forward to the Prius Gen 4 only to find it looked nowhere near the concepts they showed until then.

Me. (The car will be driving.)
Beat me to it... nearly. I'll be picking the car up on my own and then heading off home in the wrong direction to the furthest supercharger I think I can reach, fill up and then head back home to take the Mrs and kids for a neck snap. (Not literally as that's illegal).

Difference is I'll be driving and chocolate and drinks are banned. ( I like light interiors )