Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whose M3 has NEVER been back to SC for ANY reason? Any??

Has your M3 EVER had to back to SC for ANY Reason?

• I have never taken the car back for any issue - at all! There is no maintenance!

Votes: 126 75.0%
  • My car has been back to Tesla SC or mobile tech service - someone released the smoke from the part!

Votes: 42 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm practically on first name basis with the service staff at two of the nearby service centers. My car has had more invasive procedures done to it (all under warranty) than I care for. I chalk it up to the 12/31/2018 build date of my car :D

I took mine in to have the front bumper replaced because it was painted the wrong red. Not a different shade, but the wrong red. No idea what level of incompetence that requires, but it's impressive they would paint it the wrong color, put it on the car, ship it a sales location, and sell it that way. Also needed an alignment because steering wheel was way off. Nightmare is the best way to describe the customer service I received. They broke more than they fixed, hideous loaner, dreadful communications.

I have fixed many other problems myself that most people would take the car for service (panel alignment, window alignment, door seals not mounted correctly, etc.), so I would have had a lot more visits if I wasn't handy.

Trunk was really difficult to close on my model 3.
Mobile tech service fixed it.
I was at work, the guy called me on my phone "can you unlock your car using mobile app?" He was on the parking in front of my car. He did the job, called me back "it's fixed, you can close the car".
Very impressive. I never saw him and my trunk issue is fixed.
Never got any other car in my life fixed without spending at least 1 hour in a garage.

Reactions: KenC and smatthew
About to go in tomorrow morning for my second visit for the same issue. Whenever it is hot outside my frunk alerts me that it is unlatched causing my alarm to go nuts all day until I just keep my car unlocked. No matter what I do it won't "close" (even though it is absolutely closed and latched.) They replaced the Front Body Controller but that hasn't fixed it...hoping I can get a loaner so I don't have to rely on Uber at a time like this...

Bought mine December 2019 btw.

Delivered to my home in Dec. 2018 and I've never been to a SC. Did have mobile out once to fix the broken wiper button which started out intermittent and eventually quit working. Back then you really needed that button to work since the auto wipers weren't as refined as they are now. But that's it for 14K miles other than rotating tires which I've done myself.
The car did have one minor paint defect but honestly life's too short to worry about that kind of stuff.

I’ve had a 2019 M3SR+ for 10 months with 0 issues. I’ve also had a 2020 M3SR+ for about a month and a half with 0 issues, though it’s too early to say that will continue. We took delivery of the 2020 6 days before the Covid-19 lockdown started in PA and have not driven it much (less than 300 miles).

2018 with PUP bought in 1/19 with just under 19K miles:

One mobile service for spoiler and badge install.

3 services at the SC for:
1. scratched interior trim at delivery
2. squeeky steering wheel
3. alignment
4. breather replacement for loud pop while changing elevation (mostly uphill in colder weather.)
5. error messages for cameras and condensation
6. TPMS error (diagnosed as firmware issue with the tire pressure monitors but no solution at the moment.)

Fixed myself:
B pillar seatbelt tensioner rattle on passenger side. Need to do the same on the driver's side.
Rear seatback latch rattle. No rattles 95% of the time.

Attempted self fix but no dice... yet:
Left front dash grill rattle.

Future work:
Clean condenser coils and replace filters.

No fix available:
Both headlights point to the right. Driver's side isn't too bad since it stays in my lane but the passenger side is way out. Confirmed with SC that there is no horizontal adjustment available.

With all that said, believe it or not, I still like the car and would consider another Tesla after this one. I hope it will have fewer issues.