Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why are service messages anonymous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

oktane

Oct 25, 2016
USA
I hate getting SMS messages from Tesla or in the app. I have a variety of Tesla products and projects. I get random texts from people about various topics without a name or subject line. All Tesla communications get jumbled together into one thread.

For service, you get an anonymous asshat millennial typing something to you, and no idea who it is. The next day it could be someone entirely different. There is no way to keep track of who you are talking to, and no accountability.

We need to see the names of people communicating with us.

Reactions: Droschke
The next day it could be someone entirely different. There is no way to keep track of who you are talking to, and no accountability.
That’s by design. It could be anyone. Could be someone from your service center. Or some central corporate call center somewhere. Or even a robot/AI.

It was like that during the order/purchase process too.

But yeah it’s annoying.

I hate getting SMS messages from Tesla or in the app. I have a variety of Tesla products and projects. I get random texts from people about various topics without a name or subject line. All Tesla communications get jumbled together into one thread.

For service, you get an anonymous asshat millennial typing something to you, and no idea who it is. The next day it could be someone entirely different. There is no way to keep track of who you are talking to, and no accountability.

We need to see the names of people communicating with us.
That's the point, they don't want you to name a specific person and find that person. They want everything ideally as close to automated as possible and for anyone to be able to respond. You will notice they did that to their site too, they hide the chat function very well and it's trying to push you to use their automated self help at every step.

With ChatGPT being so popular, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually replace the humans with an AI.

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
The most frustrating is the service center chats with no employee's name and when you get contradictory status updates. Looks like anyone who has the hold of that keyboard is typing scripted and disjointed messages just to meet the metrics.

Who ever is doing the texting in the service app should have bare min 3 years experience working on teslas and actually own a tesla for a min of one year . It seems like they have the person who has least amount of experience as the service advisor

I get fake SMS texts and emails almost every day! They claim to be from Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc. You have to be very careful when you get a text or email to ensure the sender is who they claim to be.

Ok, you are making a general statement about phishing etc. But you said:

often messages from Tesla that arrive via SMS outside of the app are not from Tesla at all.

Which led me to believe you actually have received SMS messages pretending to be from Tesla, hence I questioning what you wrote.

Which led me to believe you actually have received SMS messages pretending to be from Tesla, hence I questioning what you wrote

I have not personally received any SMS from Tesla, real or fake - yet. But the fact remains that fake text messages are so prolific that everyone should assume any text message is phishing, until they have taken the time to confirm they are legitimate.

OP’s complaint was “random texts from people about various topics without a name or subject line” which could easily be fakes, which is a very common form for phishing. Could be real of course, so my comment is just to exercise caution.