Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why can't my model 3 trade stocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The answer is that with computerized trading, the value is in the strategy and the code, not necessarily in the processing power. If all Teslas were running the same software to trade, they’d all placing similar trades, which would distort the market and defeat the purpose [...]

Which is why, rather than having the cars trading as individuals, we need to combine the processing power of all the cars into a distributed network that manages a mutual fund jointly for all the owners. You say the value is in the strategy and the code rather than in the processing power, but we really don't want the car trading while it's driving, for safety reasons, but a distributed network could utilize the processing power of all the cars that are idle at any given time. And more power would allow the deeper analysis of more stocks.

If the car makes more money trading than I do, will it force me to drive it to it's appointments? :eek:

A better question would be, if the car makes more money than you do, and the car can drive itself, what does it need you (us) for? Skynet will not arise because of a mechanical hand sent back from the future. Skynet will arise when Teslas realize they don't need their drivers any more. :(