Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As ironic as it sounds, there isn't enough information to cancel a Model 3 reservation. It's less about being a good fit (too many unknowns at this point), and more about I don't know what I'd be giving up. It's $1K, let it ride.
That is it. The more I think of it, the more I am considering cancelling. However there is not enough information yet to make a decision as you state. Tesla has until November or December to wow me as that is when I may place an order for a regular car. Judging from problems people are having with Teslas from a reliability standpoint, that is my largest concern as I may be sent to a remote rural location for my next job in April.

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
That is it. The more I think of it, the more I am considering cancelling. However there is not enough information yet to make a decision as you state. Tesla has until November or December to wow me as that is when I may place an order for a regular car. Judging from problems people are having with Teslas from a reliability standpoint, that is my largest concern as I may be sent to a remote rural location for my next job in April.
If you hang around on any specific car brand forum all you will hear about are the problems. Nobody is going to post about how nothing went wrong on their way to work....

Reactions: Jaff and JeffK
If you hang around on any specific car brand forum all you will hear about are the problems. Nobody is going to post about how nothing went wrong on their way to work....
What about outside reports from various publications that indicate much higher than average rate of problems? You have to understand that can be a concern. If I am out in a very rural setting, trying to get a car to the dealer repeatedly may be very difficult.

What about outside reports from various publications that indicate much higher than average rate of problems? You have to understand that can be a concern. If I am out in a very rural setting, trying to get a car to the dealer repeatedly may be very difficult.

Yeah, the Model X doors were a real problem but they seem to be pretty much fixed now. The Model 3 won't have such fancy shenanigans so there shouldn't be much of a reason for regular SeC visits.
On the other hand I hear about large scale recalls all the time, not just minor issues that can be easily fixed by a SeC but full on regional recalls where they kept the cars for weeks to try to fix serious issues.
Happened to my boss with two separate Porsche models.

If you really want to be safe you should cancel your reservation and let us test the waters for you. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Jaff and HanSolo
Yeah, the Model X doors were a real problem but they seem to be pretty much fixed now. The Model 3 won't have such fancy shenanigans so there shouldn't be much of a reason for regular SeC visits.
On the other hand I hear about large scale recalls all the time, not just minor issues that can be easily fixed by a SeC but full on regional recalls where they kept the cars for weeks to try to fix serious issues.
Happened to my boss with two separate Porsche models.

If you really want to be safe you should cancel your reservation and let us test the waters for you. :D
That is what I am thinking. The 3 will no nowhere near the complexity of the S and X, but then again it will be the first truly mass produced Tesla. I may just sit back and wait it out for just a little while as well since my current car is going strong. It also comes down to cost which is why I hope Tesla gives us some more information before the winter.

I will check out Bolt if is is sold here, and also the revised Model 3 with bigger hatch back. If Bolt turns out as good as they are claiming, I will cancel my Model 3. No telling when I will actually GET a model 3 with the long list in front of me.

I will check out Bolt if is is sold here, and also the revised Model 3 with bigger hatch back. If Bolt turns out as good as they are claiming, I will cancel my Model 3. No telling when I will actually GET a model 3 with the long list in front of me.

I'm wary of those who have recently joined and come post such things. Might not be the case, but often times haters or fanboys create accounts just to do such things....

Reactions: Jaff
Yeah, I am not going to take long trips with this. I have second car in family. And cough.. not paying $2500 for supercharger for sure. This might cheer you up if u'r not buying the supercharger deal.
White House unlocks $4.5 billion for electric vehicle infrastructure and announces new EV programs
You're the second person today to state it'll cost $2500 to enable supercharging, as if that's a fact. First of all, the original S60s price to enable supercharging was $2000, if ordered at the time of ordering the car. It is $2500 if enabled after delivery. There's nothing to indicate that the price to enable supercharging on the Model 3 will be the higher price of $2500. Where are you getting this from?

You're the second person today to state it'll cost $2500 to enable supercharging, as if that's a fact. First of all, the original S60s price to enable supercharging was $2000, if ordered at the time of ordering the car. It is $2500 if enabled after delivery. There's nothing to indicate that the price to enable supercharging on the Model 3 will be the higher price of $2500. Where are you getting this from?

Guess I'm wrong? I saw a thread today with $2500 for supercharger. We will know by next June when model3 is launched. I have a late reservation (300k+?) so nothing to hurry.

Reactions: Jaff
The Bolt may very well be a "good" EV, but I'm of the type that can't justify a 40K car that is (in some ways) limited to 300 miles a day of range. I have zero interest in a car that requires overnight stays to charge, even if I only do those trips 3 times a year.

I realize I don't speak for everyone, but I just don't see *any* EV that lacks SC-like capabilities ever selling in significant numbers in the near future. Range anxiety is still a "thing" if you have to stop and charge overnight every 4 hours.

Could the Bolt fulfill the needs of a significant percentage of drivers? We know it could. The question is how many of those would buy it knowing that driving more than 4 hours a day will require a lot of down time?

Please realize that I'm not referring to 99% of the people on this board. Most of us here fully understand what the limits of a Bolt will be, and some (like you) are fine with that. However, many first time (Bolt) EV buyers will hear 300 mile range/X hours to charge as pass on it simply because it it would force them to change their driving habits, even if we are talking a couple of times a year.

As a first time Tesla buyer, the SC is the absolutely deciding factor for me because it means I can use the car for anything I want without really changing my driving habits. I can jump in the car and (for the most part) just drive.

The Bolt may very well be a "good" EV, but I'm of the type that can't justify a 40K car that is (in some ways) limited to 300 miles a day of range. I have zero interest in a car that requires overnight stays to charge, even if I only do those trips 3 times a year.

I realize I don't speak for everyone, but I just don't see *any* EV that lacks SC-like capabilities ever selling in significant numbers in the near future. Range anxiety is still a "thing" if you have to stop and charge overnight every 4 hours.

Could the Bolt fulfill the needs of a significant percentage of drivers? We know it could. The question is how many of those would buy it knowing that driving more than 4 hours a day will require a lot of down time?

Please realize that I'm not referring to 99% of the people on this board. Most of us here fully understand what the limits of a Bolt will be, and some (like you) are fine with that. However, many first time (Bolt) EV buyers will hear 300 mile range/X hours to charge as pass on it simply because it it would force them to change their driving habits, even if we are talking a couple of times a year.

As a first time Tesla buyer, the SC is the absolutely deciding factor for me because it means I can use the car for anything I want without really changing my driving habits. I can jump in the car and (for the most part) just drive.

Do you mean the Bolt's 200 mile-range? Because I'm not aware of them claiming anything close to 300 miles.