Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does my car allow me to scrape my wheels on the curb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to echo the earlier comment that the reverse parking "guidelines" are much wider than any car I've ever driven, i.e. they extend well beyond the width of the car. I recently scraped a curb with my new Tesla, fortunately not damaging my wheels, by relying on the camera rather than my mirrors. I was shocked that I was anywhere near the curb. Will never do that again.

I made a feature request to Tesla support to provide a way of getting the side-camera view on the MCU when parking. That would allow us to know exactly how close we can get. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please consider also sending in such a request. If enough people request something, it is likely to get attention.

Reactions: DanInSunnyFL
I made a feature request to Tesla support to provide a way of getting the side-camera view on the MCU when parking. That would allow us to know exactly how close we can get. If anyone thinks this is a good idea, please consider also sending in such a request. If enough people request something, it is likely to get attention.
Or you can just adjust existing side mirrors to your liking for reverse position (the car will remember the position and adjust mirrors every time you reverse) and see the exact position of your wheels in relation to curb without any feature requests

Maybe post a link for those new folks who don't know how to do this ;)

Audi e-tron has a really cool 360 3d view. Tesla needs to keep up.

Pretty cool, but obviously he picked the best possible location for that demonstration. For those that don't want to watch the whole video, it's aprox 11:10