Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does Smart Summon delete all sentry clips since last parked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if Tesla is aware of this issue but when you use Smart Summon all sentry clips recorded since the vehicle was parked gets deleted. I tested this by getting out of my car, locking it, walking away and turning off Bluetooth. I then returned to my car and triggered sentry mode which should've captured a clip. I then came back a while later and summoned the car to me only to find that there were no sentry events. I've basically stopped using smart summon since I'd like to see if anything happened to my car while it was parked.

I'm not sure if Tesla is aware of this issue but when you use Smart Summon all sentry clips recorded since the vehicle was parked gets deleted. I tested this by getting out of my car, locking it, walking away and turning off Bluetooth. I then returned to my car and triggered sentry mode which should've captured a clip. I then came back a while later and summoned the car to me only to find that there were no sentry events. I've basically stopped using smart summon since I'd like to see if anything happened to my car while it was parked.
The files are deleted, or the alerts aren't showing on the screen? If you go into the Dashcam player, none of the sentry videos are there?