Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why doesn't my car adjust the seat when I approach the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should be able to figure this out but maybe I'm too old. I'm embarrassed to have to ask, but here goes.

My wife is short and I am tall. After she has driven the car I almost break my legs attempting to get in. It doesn't sense when I approach the car that the seats need to be adjusted to my profile. What am I missing here? I thought it would recognize my phone and adjust to my profile's settings.

The “priority key” seems to be a problem. I set mine up as the priority and this caused 2 issues:

1) If my phone is too near the car, even if it is in the house, the Bluetooth connection for her is not accepted when she enters the car.
2) The concept of my phone having priority over hers really pisses her off 😂

Reactions: laservet
Upvote 0
The “priority key” seems to be a problem. I set mine up as the priority and this caused 2 issues:

1) If my phone is too near the car, even if it is in the house, the Bluetooth connection for her is not accepted when she enters the car.
2) The concept of my phone having priority over hers really pisses her off 😂
aHaha... I can relate to #2. When I first set my phone as the priority my wife took umbrage immediately. "Why is your phone the priority? I'm the one who drives it." was her formal dispute. When I explained that it would apply only when we were together and I drive 99% of the time in those cases and needed my phone paired she understood. It's weird how they react to that initially though... maybe a verbiage issue?

Upvote 0
aHaha... I can relate to #2. When I first set my phone as the priority my wife took umbrage immediately. "Why is your phone the priority? I'm the one who drives it." was her formal dispute. When I explained that it would apply only when we were together and I drive 99% of the time in those cases and needed my phone paired she understood. It's weird how they react to that initially though... maybe a verbiage issue?
Papa Bear and Mama Bear might go smoother.

Upvote 0