Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is tesla Asking me to pick up the car ASAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is Feb 3 to March 3. I will be out of country for 10-days from Feb 10-17. I stopped by and talked to the SA at the local Tesla dealership about it, and he was very kind. He said they'd work with me. It didn't sound like they'd want to hold it for 10-days, but several days wouldn't be a problem. Then he looked in his computer and said my unit is earmarked for Feb 18 -- which is absolutely perfect. So crossing my fingers.

maybe "harassment" is exaggeration. "annoying" is more apt.
thanks for the support everyone.
i was just expecting a friendly dialogue through texts, but was annoyed when it was selective hearing.

tesla: reminder: hi, schedule your model y delivery. if delivery is not scheduled by tomorrow, this vehicle will automatically be released to the next waiting customer . your order will be placed on hold and is subject to cancellation

me: hi, im still waiting for the loan to get processed. can i get some more time

tesla: around when would you be able to schedule.

me: i should get to know by today and im thinking ill schedule by end of next week,

tesla: please let us know and schedule using the link provided earlier

me: ok. loan got approved . i want to schedule on friday next week.

tesla: when do you like to pick up.
me: link wont let me schedule on friday. i need signed purchase agreement for my cu.

(i called tesla for signed purchase agreement and they sent me one promptly)

tesla: final reminder. if delivery is not scheduled by tomorrow , vehicle will be automatically released.

me: i want to schedule delivery for next friday.

tesla: we cannot hold the vehicle until then.

( i go ahead and schedule it for tuesday because they dont respond)

this morning i called them and someone said they could do thursday.
Make sure you inspect the car before taking delivery and make sure it's acceptable to you. I inspected my car and found issues in Fremont at the factory - took two trips back to the factory to fix it.

Their customer service is horrible so don't expect them to fix any of your issues in a timely manner after you take delivery. Even after getting my car free of external defects, my car recently developed a rear window issue in the middle of the rainstorm. Earliest appointment I got to get it inspected and fixed is early Feb.

Reactions: Nen81