Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Owning a Tesla is SO Amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I realize that others’ experiences with their Tesla’s do not match my own trouble-free one after 18 months, when I’m asked by other people why Tesla as opposed to others, I struggle to come up with a complete list.

So I set out to write down these points that I might actually print and place on a rear window or forward to friends, relatives, etc Let me know if you can think of other points or corrections.

Imagine your life if your car provided the following features:

1. Your garage no longer stinks from the smells of gasoline, oil or exhaust.
  2. Your car automatically provides you with a full fuel tank each morning. No need to ever visit a gas station again.
  3. When you take long distance trips, you can stop at charging stations built solely for Tesla’s or may also use other types. Additionally, you are not charged exorbitant rates at Tesla Superchargers, unlike gas stations or non-Tesla charging stations. Tesla Supercharging may also be free for your type of vehicle, but regardless, you do not need to fumble searching for a credit card to pay, your Tesla account handles this for you.
  4. Your car does not spew any noxious fumes that cause lung disease, asthma, etc.
  5. Your fuel source (electricity) becomes cleaner every year and could even be “free” (home solar).
  6. Your car records video on all sides both when driving and parked to capture accidents and vandalism.
  7. Your car provides a large screen allowing you to browse the web, play video games, play a music keyboard, be artistic, watch media such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc — while parked.
  8. You can give natural voice commands to adjust climate, lighting, wipers, heated seats/steering wheel, open the glove box and many more.
  9. Your car assists you in driving (while you monitor for safety) with steering, acceleration/deceleration, adjusts to surrounding traffic, stops and resumes, changes lanes automatically to maintain speed when safe and handles interchanges and exits towards your destination. In the future, your car is expected to drive itself with you as a passenger, allowing you to command, “drive me to <destination>”, and it will potentially drop you off at the front door, park itself and then pick you up. Imagine the benefits for the disabled and seniors who can no longer drive safely!
  10. At a parking lot or other parking spot, you can “summon” your car to come to your location via your phone, and it will yield to other vehicles, pedestrians and obstacles.
  11. Your car receives frequent over-the-air software updates to improve existing features and add new features, sometimes even adding more driving range and/power.
  12. Your car monitors its own health and schedules an appointment for service automatically for certain types of issues.
  13. When your car requires simple maintenance, a mobile technician will drive to your home or work to perform the service (where available).
  14. Your car never requires many of the services typical for gas/diesel car engines (ex: oil, fluids, spark plugs, injector/valve cleaning, smog checks, etc.). Primarily only services related to tires, brakes, wipers.
  15. For the Model X, you can set the driver door to automatically open as you walk up to it, then enter and step on the brake and it closes for you. All other doors including the trunk and frunk can be opened/closed via the keyfob or screen, plus some via your phone.
  16. Your car is such an enjoyable dream to own that you smile just thinking about the next time you can take it for a drive — yes, seriously!

While I realize that others’ experiences with their Tesla’s do not match my own trouble-free one after 18 months, when I’m asked by other people why Tesla as opposed to others, I struggle to come up with a complete list.

So I set out to write down these points that I might actually print and place on a rear window or forward to friends, relatives, etc Let me know if you can think of other points or corrections.

2. Your car automatically provides you with a full fuel tank each morning. No need to ever visit a gas station again.
  3. When you take long distance trips, you can stop at charging stations built solely for Tesla’s or may also use other types. Additionally, you are not charged exorbitant rates at Tesla Superchargers, unlike gas stations or non-Tesla charging stations. Tesla Supercharging may also be free for your type of vehicle, but regardless, you do not need to fumble searching for a credit card to pay, your Tesla account handles this for you.
  4. Your car does not spew any noxious fumes that cause lung disease, asthma, etc.
  5. Your fuel source (electricity) becomes cleaner every year and could even be “free” (home solar).
  6. Your car records video on all sides both when driving and parked to capture accidents and vandalism.
  7. Your car provides a large screen allowing you to browse the web, play video games, play a music keyboard, be artistic, watch media such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc — while parked.
  8. You can give natural voice commands to adjust climate, lighting, wipers, heated seats/steering wheel, open the glove box and many more.
  9. Your car assists you in driving (while you monitor for safety) with steering, acceleration/deceleration, adjusts to surrounding traffic, stops and resumes, changes lanes automatically to maintain speed when safe and handles interchanges and exits towards your destination. In the future, your car is expected to drive itself with you as a passenger, allowing you to command, “drive me to <destination>”, and it will potentially drop you off at the front door, park itself and then pick you up. Imagine the benefits for the disabled and seniors who can no longer drive safely!
  10. At a parking lot or other parking spot, you can “summon” your car to come to your location via your phone, and it will yield to other vehicles, pedestrians and obstacles.
  11. Your car receives frequent over-the-air software updates to improve existing features and add new features, sometimes even adding more driving range and/power.
  12. Your car monitors its own health and schedules an appointment for service automatically for certain types of issues.
  13. When your car requires simple maintenance, a mobile technician will drive to your home or work to perform the service (where available).
  14. Your car never requires many of the services typical for gas/diesel car engines (ex: oil, fluids, spark plugs, injector/valve cleaning, smog checks, etc.). Primarily only services related to tires, brakes, wipers.
  15. For the Model X, you can set the driver door to automatically open as you walk up to it, then enter and step on the brake and it closes for you. All other doors including the trunk and frunk can be opened/closed via the keyfob or screen, plus some via your phone.
  16. Your car is such an enjoyable dream to own that you smile just thinking about the next time you can take it for a drive — yes, seriously!
+1

Garage door opens upon pulling in the driveway
Valet mode that locks glove box, limits speed, and limits driving to Chill mode
Real-time GPS location via app including speed and cabin status
Ability to schedule service via the app (although I would personally prefer being able to call a dedicated service advisor)

Garage door opens upon pulling in the driveway
Valet mode that locks glove box, limits speed, and limits driving to Chill mode
Real-time GPS location via app including speed and cabin status
Ability to schedule service via the app (although I would personally prefer being able to call a dedicated service advisor)

Great points, thanks! Should probably also include Dog mode.

Reactions: snorp
Here’s my revised list fwiw -

13. When your car requires simple maintenance, a mobile technician will drive to your home or work to perform the service (where available). You schedule other service directly thru the Tesla app.
  15. Unlike traditional cars that require either a key or keyfob/pushbutton to start/stop, Tesla vehicles unlock to your phone, keycard or keyfob and then pressing the brake alone enables placing the car in gear. You can require a “PIN to drive” for additional safety. When you exit, the car automatically locks and shuts down.
  16. For the Model X, you can set the driver door to automatically open as you walk up to it, then enter and step on the brake and it closes for you. All other doors including the trunk and frunk can be opened/closed via the keyfob or screen, plus some via your phone.
  17. When handing your vehicle to a valet, you can set “Valet mode” which locks the glove box and frunk, suppresses your map locations and other personal info, and lowers the max speed and accelerator response. Your Tesla app also allows you to remotely track the vehicle’s live location and speed as well as set maximum speed.
  18. Your car can automatically open (and close) your garage door and gate as you approach/leave.
  19. You can set your climate control to remain on while you are temporarily out of the vehicle so that your passenger(s) human or animal, remain comfortable. A screen notice informs passers by of the inside temp and that all are safe.
  20. Your car is such an enjoyable dream to own that you smile just thinking about the next time you can take it for a drive — yes, seriously!

Reactions: snorp and KerryOH
Here’s my final update after further reflection, feel free to borrow.

2. Your Tesla automatically provides you with a full fuel tank each morning. No need to ever visit a gas station again.
  4. Your Tesla does not spew any noxious fumes that cause lung disease, asthma, etc.
  6. Your Tesla records video on all sides both when driving and parked to capture accidents and vandalism.
  7. Your Tesla provides a large screen allowing you to browse the web, play video games, play a music keyboard, be artistic, watch media such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc — while parked.
  9. Your Tesla assists you in driving (while you monitor for safety) with steering, acceleration/deceleration, adjusts to surrounding traffic, stops and resumes, changes lanes automatically to maintain speed when safe and handles interchanges and exits towards your destination. In the future, your car is expected to drive itself with you as a passenger, allowing you to command, “drive me to <destination>”, and it will potentially drop you off at the front door, park itself and then pick you up. Imagine the benefits for the disabled and seniors who can no longer drive safely!
  10. At a parking lot or other parking spot, you can “summon” your Tesla to come to your location via your phone, and it will yield to other vehicles, pedestrians and obstacles.
  11. Your Tesla receives frequent over-the-air software updates to improve existing features and add new features, sometimes even adding more driving range and/power.
  12. Your Tesla monitors its own health and schedules an appointment for service automatically for certain types of issues.
  13. When your Tesla requires simple maintenance, a mobile technician will drive to your home or work to perform the service (where available). You schedule other service directly thru the Tesla app.
  14. Your Tesla never requires many of the services typical for gas/diesel car engines (ex: oil, fluids, spark plugs, injector/valve cleaning, smog checks, etc.). Primarily only services related to tires, brakes, wipers.
  15. Unlike traditional cars that require either a key or keyfob/pushbutton to start/stop, Tesla vehicles unlock to your phone, keycard or keyfob and then pressing the brake alone enables placing the car in gear. You can require a “PIN to drive” for additional safety. When you exit, the car automatically locks and shuts down.
  16. For the Model X, you can set the driver door to automatically open as you walk up to it, then enter and step on the brake and it closes for you. All other doors including the trunk and frunk can be opened/closed via the keyfob or screen, plus some via your phone.
  17. When handing your vehicle to a valet, you can set “Valet mode” which locks the glove box and frunk, suppresses your map locations and other personal info, and lowers the max speed and accelerator response. Your Tesla app also allows you to remotely track the vehicle’s live location and speed as well as set maximum speed.
  18. Your Tesla can automatically open (and close) your garage door and gate as you approach/leave.
  19. You can set your climate control to remain on while you are temporarily out of the vehicle so that your passenger(s) human or animal, remain comfortable. A screen notice informs passers by of the inside temp and that all are safe.
  20. Every Tesla Model has received the highest safety rating from U.S. and European agencies.
  21. Your Tesla’s power and instant torque combined with excellent handling provide you with superior control in any situation.
  22. Your Tesla is such an enjoyable dream to own that you smile just thinking about the next time you can take it for a drive — yes, seriously!