Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why slower than Model S? Just a typo on Tesla's page?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's custom order page for Model S tells me "The included Mobile Connector can charge at a maximum of 40 amps, allowing up to 29 miles of range per hour."

The same page for Model X says, "The included Mobile Connector can charge at a maximum of 40 amps, allowing up to 25 miles of range per hour."

29 for the Model S, but only 25 for X? Why is that?

Tesla's custom order page for Model S tells me "The included Mobile Connector can charge at a maximum of 40 amps, allowing up to 29 miles of range per hour."

The same page for Model X says, "The included Mobile Connector can charge at a maximum of 40 amps, allowing up to 25 miles of range per hour."

29 for the Model S, but only 25 for X? Why is that?

The Model X is bigger and heavier than the Model S, so it takes more electricity to drive the Model X one mile than it does for the Model S. So the same hour's worth of electricity at 40 amps is enough for 29 miles in the Model S, but only 25 miles in the Model X.

The X uses more energy per mile than the S. The battery will load energy at the same rate (Charger power is the same), but it takes more Wh/mi to drive the X. I don't know if that is responsible for the entire difference, but it is at least part of it.

GSP