Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the Model 3 will replace my daughters Ford Fusion Hybrid with 45K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to refer to the maintenance manual that came with the car and follow that. The only thing likely needed at 45k would have been the tire balance and possibly an alignment. You were taken for the rest. This is the typical dealer model and why dealers don’t like to sell electric vehicles, this all goes away.

Flush? No, it's not only not magic, it's useless! What is going to get into a brake line that would need flushing??? .

All hydraulic fluid eventually absorbs some water and should be replaced at an interval or based on test results (mentioned in a prior post). Not only can the water corrode some components it compromises braking performance.

The prices in that list looked typical dealership to me, ie wtf.

I have an unused brake fluid test strip I bought for my Prius that I can test the Tesla brake fluid one of these years. Maybe in 2025 since I live in a dry climate and use the friction brakes so rarely. Or maybe never. As far as I am concerned the only maintenance on my Tesla are the brake caliper/pins and the coolant.
What in the world is “mist service”?
Its for the Kleenex you'll need when you get the final bill on your credit card statement and for the service writer as he laughs his ass off that you actually bought it.

• Funny
Reactions: lottadot
Google review search SCs, avoid SCs in captive market areas, they cater to and exploit the uneducated.

A year ago we got my oldest a Crosstrek, local dealer similar service dept and MSRP no budge, went to the middle of the mountain area to a dealer with huuuge inventory and great Google service reviews, we are very happy.

IMHO for college kids now BEVs are not feasible as dorms and rentals do not feature charging and the frequent SC trips will ruin study time in addition to wrecking the battery pack.

I agree, hybrids are terrible, Toyota can only produce the Prius in JP with their best workers due to the very complex process, anywhere else and it will end up like the Pacifica Hybrid or your daughter's quota car fiasco.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
IMHO for college kids now BEVs are not feasible as dorms and rentals do not feature charging
and the frequent SC trips will ruin study time in addition to wrecking the battery pack.
I think you need to be more specific. Some campus might be isolated, but in general they are integrated within a local communauty.
So what you discribe is more the issue of any EV owners who cannot plug at home and depend on public chargers.

When threre is no Serperchargers near you home, and if you don't have an heavy commute,
you can rely on L2 public chargers which are more and more common, like grocery stores or shopping centers.

It depends also about the size of the battery. Typically college students drive mostly to go home and the car is parked most of the time.
I was travelling for a week, and didn't plug my car in purpose, and lost 3% after a week.

So you can estimate about 15% drain in a month or so.
This is what Bjørn Nyland noticed when leaving his car at the Oslo airport during his vacation in Thailand.

So a BEV seems doable when you may have to park it unpluged and recharging it like every month.

For most college students, this will work

18994_15_AMP_INTERIOR_OUTLET-_WEb.png

I have a 2015 Fusion Energi that I leased expecting to turn it in when the lease was done. Life changed and I found myself driving from CA to AZ every weekend for many months. I had to buy the car a year ago due to too many miles, or pay 5k in mileage.
I now have 97k miles and it's been a really great car EXCEPT for the battery. It's a 7.6kw but can only get 3.7kw out of it now which really sucks. Ford denied the warranty claiming the degradation is normal for a 4yr old car with 97k miles. There's .5kw unusable, so I've lost almost 50% capacity. I'm sure with a Tesla, there would be no where near the degradation of the air cooled battery Ford.
I sat in line for 2 hours for the Model 3 to get the 35k version only to be let down by the 50k version when it came out.
Looking for deal on a used Model 3 in the coming months, or keep driving my car until the Cybertruck comes out.
I bought solar for my house about 6 months ago and love it and can't wait to take advantage of a full electric car.

Reactions: SageBrush