Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why updates don't come as often anymore...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 AP1 Model S here. I got a notification for 2019.8.1 this afternoon. We haven't been forgotten!

In my experience, doing an MCU reset (press scroll wheels for 10s until central screen goes black) while connected to wifi will prod an update to download if it's in queue.

I wonder if us vertical screen users will start getting even more neglected with software updates if the Model S interior redesign implements a horizontal screen. Personally, I hope they keep the vertical orientation like for the new Roadster when they redesign the interior of the S...

I wish it were weeks. On my AP2 MS, I've waited approximately two months between the last two updates I received, and even if the next one came tomorrow, it would be at 1.5 months. In two years, the longest I ever went was 63 days, but I'm expecting to break that record with the update from 2018.50.6 -- TeslaFi shows that about 75% of AP2 cars are still on that one.

About ~8 weeks between wide firmware releases pushed to the entire fleet has been a very normal cadence for at least 12-18 months now.

This current dry spell is indeed quite long, with a substantial portion of the fleet still on 2018.50.x,

I've got no complaints, I've been on 19.4.3 for a few weeks now and I've just received 19.8.3.

It feels like they are slowly building up to a more general release with all the new stuff, and I can certainly understand the frustration that people feel when stuck on 'old' firmware, but it isn't always better to be out in front either...