Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why was the STATS app thread removed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The forum doesn’t really care about the user. Realistically they car about make money that it, the reality of life. I guess I going to boycott this forum and stick with the default Tesla forum website.
Amen.

I pleaded with the owners of this site to continue providing Tapatalk App support. They removed the support citing some vague security concerns. Even the Tapatalk developers came here and defended their products security. I was even willing to pay some monthly fee to use TMC thru Tapatalk

I suspect the decision to not support Tapatalk is everything to do with sponsorship. You know the annoying banner ads that is forced on you thru browsers.

I have not personally reviewed that thread yet, but for clarification purposes, discussion of a product or service is generally fine, as long as the owner, representative or associate of such product/service is not using the thread to promote or provide support. Should a company wish to promote a product/service, we do ask that they become approved Vendors first. Vendors help keep the site running, and so we have to be fair to existing paying Vendors.

As @ohmman mentioned, the thread should be reinstated once any promotional or unauthorized posts have been removed from it.

Thanks for your understanding.
@danny Is someone still working on restoring the thread as you mentioned above? Thanks.

I use the Stats app, and after working with the (very) responsive developer, can fully support telling others to buy it. I use it for the scheduled HVAC for my 3. (we had to back/forth over Model 3 wake times). Now it's worked reliably for my HVAC going on 2 weeks now.

I had hoped to learn swift and write my own stuff to do this, but life got in the way... and $10 was reasonable to me. vs. apps that charge monthly crap... I hate that model. I want to pay for it and it just work.

Yeah, I created that thread and I’d love to know what happened as well.

Was it corrrupted? Did someone just fat figure moving it? Where was it being moved to? Did it violate some policy?

I also sent a email to support and got zero response.

I haven’t bother to create a new one without knowing the reason, because the same thing might happen again.

@danny

• Love
Reactions: f8K37Sq31