TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Why was the STATS app thread removed?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SpudLime, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

Amen.

I pleaded with the owners of this site to continue providing Tapatalk App support. They removed the support citing some vague security concerns. Even the Tapatalk developers came here and defended their products security. I was even willing to pay some monthly fee to use TMC thru Tapatalk

I suspect the decision to not support Tapatalk is everything to do with sponsorship. You know the annoying banner ads that is forced on you thru browsers.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. f8K37Sq31

f8K37Sq31 Former Vendor

@danny Is someone still working on restoring the thread as you mentioned above? Thanks.

3. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

+1

• Like x 1
  4. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Still didn’t bring the thread back eh?

5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

@danny is aware of this issue and is the one who has the final say on vendor related quarantine.

6. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

understood. Is there a standard timeline?

• Love x 1
  7. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I use the Stats app, and after working with the (very) responsive developer, can fully support telling others to buy it. I use it for the scheduled HVAC for my 3. (we had to back/forth over Model 3 wake times). Now it's worked reliably for my HVAC going on 2 weeks now.

I had hoped to learn swift and write my own stuff to do this, but life got in the way... and $10 was reasonable to me. vs. apps that charge monthly crap... I hate that model. I want to pay for it and it just work.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  8. notAnExpert

notAnExpert Member

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. mswlogo

mswlogo Active Member

Yeah, I created that thread and I’d love to know what happened as well.

Was it corrrupted? Did someone just fat figure moving it? Where was it being moved to? Did it violate some policy?

I also sent a email to support and got zero response.

I haven’t bother to create a new one without knowing the reason, because the same thing might happen again.

@danny

• Love x 1
  10. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Someone else created another one.