Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why won’t 19” Sport wheels fit on the performance model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
552FF60F-E4A1-4A03-A268-3AC882EAB1C1.jpeg
I’d like to get the 19” Sport wheel and winter tire package from Tesla for my Performance model, but Tesla’s website says they aren’t compatible. Anybody know why?

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yes, they are an exact fit other than the offset. I'm sure you could convince them to sell you a set or just use someone else's VIN if they are inflexible. They'll charge you about $800/ea though, so you may want to consider a used set from the TMC classifieds, Facebook, or eBay.

The 2021 style sport wheels are pretty easy to find these days but if you want the original style you might have to hunt for a while to find a set in good condition. An alternative is to contact your local wheel powdercoating shop - they often have curbed wheels in stock that they will refinish in the color of your choice for maybe $1200/set.

Yes, they are an exact fit other than the offset. I'm sure you could convince them to sell you a set or just use someone else's VIN if they are inflexible. They'll charge you about $800/ea though, so you may want to consider a used set from the TMC classifieds, Facebook, or eBay.

The 2021 style sport wheels are pretty easy to find these days but if you want the original style you might have to hunt for a while to find a set in good condition. An alternative is to contact your local wheel powdercoating shop - they often have curbed wheels in stock that they will refinish in the color of your choice for maybe $1200/set.
Okay, thanks for the info! Tesla has the refreshed wheels with the Bluetooth TPMS sensors and Sottozero 3 winter tires for $3500/set. Not cheap, but Tire Rack charges $340 each for the same tires and $110 each for the sensors. So that ends up at $1800 for the tires and sensors. Leave the Tesla wheels at $1700 for the set/$425 each. Thinking that might be the way to go for brand new with everything already setup.