Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wife can't use autopilot feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i set up my wife as an additional driver on my MYP. she tried to to use the basic autopilot for the first time today and could not use it, she mentioned she saw a message that she has to go to setting and turn the feature on. is this because she's never used the feature before, when someone uses it for the 1st time they have to agree to some disclaimer?

she mentioned she saw a message that she has to go to setting and turn the feature on.

At the risk of sounding flippant, the thread title says "cant use it".... but you really mean "cant use it because we didnt follow the directions on the screen that were given to turn it on"?

At the risk of sounding flippant, the thread title says "cant use it".... but you really mean "cant use it because we didnt follow the directions on the screen that were given to turn it on"?

i've been using the autopilot on this same MYP all the time. i wonder why she could not use it? my question is maybe she has to enable the feature in the setting since she's driving under her profile and she's never used it before. can anyone confirm this?

i've been using the autopilot on this same MYP all the time. i wonder why she could not use it? my question is maybe she has to enable the feature in the setting since she's driving under her profile and she's never used it before. can anyone confirm this?
Yes. @jjrandorin already answered your question.

When a new profile is created, not all settings are duplicated. Some are such as you don't have to repeat the Homelink procedure again. It's copied over to the new driver.

Autopilot/EAP/FSD/FSD beta are not duplicated to the new profile. You need to go to the screen and set it up. Go through the procedure as if you are setting up a new HomeLink.