Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model 3 have memory seats and steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zoomit

Sep 1, 2015
SoCal
I may have missed it, but what is the collective speculation about the Model 3 including power and memory functions in the driver's seat or tilt/telescoping steering wheel?

Being able to revert to specific positions of the seat, steering wheel and side-view mirrors is very helpful for families with different size drivers.

I'm sure the steering wheel will at least manually tilt, and maybe telescope, in the base version. Power adjustments to seats with memory may be an option, but I kinda think it should be standard. I really hope they have adjustable lumbar support. If they decide to keep seat adjustments to a minimum in the base model for cost, I expect an upgraded seat option with full power adjustment and memory.

Memory seats would be nice. Power tilt/telescoping wheel, I doubt it. Possibly on higher-trim models. I'm guessing the base, $35k model will have neither.
This is my guess too, based on similar entry-luxury cars.

I wonder though if any of the unique interface functionality, like having more integrated personal profiles than other cars, would lead Tesla to add the memory features. That's probably just wishful thinking.

On the other hand, I had memory seats/wheel/mirrors on my BMW 5-series over 15 years ago. Where's the trickle down?