Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Newest Repeater Camera (1495864-20-E) work in my '18 M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anything functionally different between the D and E variants? I received an estimate which lists the D variant for the right hand side, and E variant for the left hand. If there's actually a difference I'd like to have the latest revision for both.

Is there anything functionally different between the D and E variants? I received an estimate which lists the D variant for the right hand side, and E variant for the left hand. If there's actually a difference I'd like to have the latest revision for both.

I understand what you are saying, however I don't always want the latest and greatest.

I was extremely fortunate to get a 2018 P3D that was the first fruits of the Model 3 line and have since accumulated over 180K miles on it with very few revisions and issues.
I do realize that there are others that weren't so fortunate, however it's been astounding that a startup like Tesla has gotten it right soooooo often.

Anyway - I digress. I have 2 different revision numbers of repeaters on my car with seemingly no difference between them neither visually nor functionally.

I understand what you are saying, however I don't always want the latest and greatest.

I was extremely fortunate to get a 2018 P3D that was the first fruits of the Model 3 line and have since accumulated over 180K miles on it with very few revisions and issues.
I do realize that there are others that weren't so fortunate, however it's been astounding that a startup like Tesla has gotten it right soooooo often.

Anyway - I digress. I have 2 different revision numbers of repeaters on my car with seemingly no difference between them neither visually nor functionally.
Hey, I trust your judgement since you actually received them. As long as the light bleed issue I have goes away I'll be happy.

I put E revision cameras in my ‘19 to resolve the glare from the repeater indicator making them completely useless at night. They work great.

As @Darwood77 mentioned. I believe the only reason to upgrade to the 'E' cameras is the reduced signal glare.

As @Darwood77 mentioned. I believe the only reason to upgrade to the 'E' cameras is the reduced signal glare.

Well, It might not be the only reason to upgrade. I have FSD and for some reason it would fail when changing lanes to the left. The turn signal bleeding into the camera was too much for FSD. I would get the Red hands of death.
Tesla changed it out for free - after the warranty was up.

Then the same thing happened with the right camera, however I had to pay for that one.

Anywhoo...I now have 2 different versions/revisions of cameras, but I don't care - until it causes a problem. I'm too old to be concerned about stuff like that.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
I mean who knows... Maybe one of the revisions gets rid of this problem....that few people may even notice.

Water.jpg

Reactions: beachmiles
Looks like I'll need to make sure I get the E variant then. Definitely don't want mobile service to come by and not fix the issue 😋

I'm not sure I would worry about what version that mobile service brings. Just tell them what the problem is and they will fix it.

You want a warranty on the problem - not the version of the camera. There might be a G or H variant by the time they arrive.

I'm not sure I would worry about what version that mobile service brings. Just tell them what the problem is and they will fix it.

You want a warranty on the problem - not the version of the camera. There might be a G or H variant by the time they arrive.
Whatever the case, I'll make sure to let them know. Like I've said before, I'm more worried about the glare going away than the variants I get.