Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will stronger AUD lead to price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price drop because of currency increase against the USD is one thing (and I think Tesla may hold tight on that one) but price drops because of a significant price drop in USD price would filter through to Australia (I would think).

You can use XE none paid as an exchange check if you wish...but the AUD to USA in the year 2019 averaged 0.70-0.71 according to Macrotrends.
Thanks re thoughts on USD price drops filtering through to here. I will cross my fingers that you are right and that my earlier thoughts were too cynical.
Macrotrends 2019 average of 0.70-0.71 is obviously pretty correct and closer to the mark than your earlier posting saying it was 0.71c.
Anyway, it will be interesting seeing what does happen, even if it doesn't end up affecting me either way in the short term.

I don't think there will be a price drop unfortunately, or if there is it will be small. The demand is too high, Tesla has recently sold high km secondhand Model 3s for more than they cost new.

I had ordered mine with an August delivery anticipating they would change it by then; but it arrived early on the recent boat. I decided just to go ahead and take it because I had sold my other electric car and was burning dinosaurs to get around. Great car :).

Well, at least the LCT threshold for fuel efficient cars has been increased in Aus today. No help to the people that wanted an SR+ in white though. July 1st in the west coast USA is only 5 hours away so we will know more on AUD pricing tonight or tomorrow... or Friday. Or sometime soon.