Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla be adding youtube music anytime soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another key difference with YouTube music is when artists sometimes pull their music from Spotify or Tidal, it will remain on YouTube music if individuals have uploaded it.

Tesla sometimes telegraphs feature changes in their software updates with inactive code. Some people like Green will see these and post about them on Twitter. I haven't seen one for YouTube music, though I honestly have not been looking either.

Got anything to back that up? If you had said Yes we could all agree that maybe SOMEDAY that would be correct, but it's HARD to prove a negative.

I did read that in adding Apple Music they had to completely re-write the foundation of the music UI, so that it can search the music service you have selected for example. Now that they have that working I would not be surprised if ALL the other music services and maybe even podcast services start arriving on people's vehicles.

Sure would be nice to have a YouTube that streams the videos and then continues to play just the audio from them when you put the car in gear. Most YT videos are talking heads anyway. Could use the travel time to absorb some of those.

Reactions: Cincybearcatfa
Got anything to back that up? If you had said Yes we could all agree that maybe SOMEDAY that would be correct, but it's HARD to prove a negative.

I did read that in adding Apple Music they had to completely re-write the foundation of the music UI, so that it can search the music service you have selected for example. Now that they have that working I would not be surprised if ALL the other music services and maybe even podcast services start arriving on people's vehicles.

Sure would be nice to have a YouTube that streams the videos and then continues to play just the audio from them when you put the car in gear. Most YT videos are talking heads anyway. Could use the travel time to absorb some of those.
That’s also false about Apple Music. It’s webUI. Nothing new. It’s actually worse than Spotify performance wise.

YouTube won’t be added unless they do an App Store.

Unfortunately, currently there is no YouTube Music API for Tesla to use. Hopefully this will change and Google steps up.