Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla cover this under warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

my MYP has 1000 miles on it and my cost hanger won’t close, is it covered under warranty ?

Can’t find any info on this being an issue

Attachments

• 5A0D2B1D-E624-4D7C-BF5C-7CF6BA2410D2.jpeg
    5A0D2B1D-E624-4D7C-BF5C-7CF6BA2410D2.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 87
Ours stopped working the day we picked it up. It was replaced by a tech last week, but we had it on our list from the beginning. They redesigned the part, according to the tech, as it looked different than the original. Not sure if they will cover yours or not, but they seem to know it was an issue. I know ours was not the only faulty one... Good Luck!

SS

Ours stopped working the day we picked it up. It was replaced by a tech last week, but we had it on our list from the beginning. They redesigned the part, according to the tech, as it looked different than the original. Not sure if they will cover yours or not, but they seem to know it was an issue. I know ours was not the only faulty one... Good Luck!

SS

Interesting... I’m sure it’s not much to replace as it’s just a piece of plastic that snaps out but unacceptable for a car of this caliber

SS

Look different, how? Only when opened or in the closed position? Not sure I'd want them to look different when closed.

Hey guys,

my MYP has 1000 miles on it and my cost hanger won’t close, is it covered under warranty ?

Can’t find any info on this being an issue
Yes this is a warranty issue. I too have this same problem with my drivers side coat hook. I'm not planning on making a service appointment yet as I'm waiting to see what else will go wrong. Most issues happen with in the first 1000 miles of ownership.