Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla doing anything for us? CA deliveries going to cost us $500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've asked my SA this exact same thing, and as 3antar has said, they dont control when the state changes its requirements. It could be possible for Tesla to compensate as an act of generosity, but until that happens, its all speculation. Be happy that you at least qualify unlike us that ordered a p3d and are screwed entirely.

I've asked my SA this exact same thing, and as 3antar has said, they dont control when the state changes its requirements. It could be possible for Tesla to compensate as an act of generosity, but until that happens, its all speculation. Be happy that you at least qualify unlike us that ordered a p3d and are screwed entirely.

I highly doubt a company like Tesla, with already poor customer service, will be compensating us for money THEY weren't giving us to begin with. We may get a mug or some souvenir at best but even that I doubt. I expect to pick up my car and sign remaining docs all within 10 minutes. Nothing more or less.

Sounds like a California issue and not a Tesla issue.
No this is definitely a TESLA issue. When some of us purchased our vehicles in early October we had an estimate of delivery “within 2 weeks” on our accounts and a California incentive of $2,500. We noted the price of the vehicle and all the incentives including the CA $2,500 rebate we would receive. We were counting on that extra $500 to be given back to us. How would you feel if Tesla added an extra $500 to your final cost? That’s what this means for all of us who purchased early.

No this is definitely a TESLA issue. When some of us purchased our vehicles in early October we had an estimate of delivery “within 2 weeks” on our accounts and a California incentive of $2,500. We noted the price of the vehicle and all the incentives including the CA $2,500 rebate we would receive. We were counting on that extra $500 to be given back to us. How would you feel if Tesla added an extra $500 to your final cost? That’s what this means for all of us who purchased early.
Delivery *estimate*.

You had an estimated from Tesla. That is not the same as a hard-date. Which is what the expiration of the incentive from the state of California has.

So yeah, Tesla problem.

Please don’t cry to me about what Tesla owes you. Or $500.

Signed,
Early adopter Performance Model S owner.

Multiple people including myself have spoken with CVRP via the help line and been told that they are using the base model 3 msrp as the vehicle qualification model for the rebate. I specifically asked if options made the msrp go above 60k if that would exclude us from rebate and was told no. Performance with FSD should still get the $2k rebate since it is a model 3. With that said, this is California we are talking about so who knows? I still have hope that we will get the rebate.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile

Cancel your order. Problem solved.