Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been daily driving a salvage model s for a little over a year now. Crash happed about 2 years ago. My car still supercharges fine. I have not ever gone to a tesla service center yet but my phone app is connected to my car. I'm concerned for my free charging and I want it to stay free. Is there any way to stop tesla from reaching into my cars cofig and changing this? I would be willing to pay someone to take my car off teslas network as long as I maintain the in car navigation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Ryder 3
Not entirely accurate. About a year ago, Tesla started a second re-certification process (Fast Charging Safety Inspection) to allow salvage cars back on the supercharging network once they pass an inspection.

Link to TMC thread here about it:

Pricing is inconsistent but seems to be around be ~$700-$800 for both the required HV cert and the fast charging cert assuming no repairs or additional testing is needed. Catch 22 here because if you fail the inspection, you can be 100% sure they will disable supercharging.

I'd say continue to use your car and if/when supercharging gets disabled, get the inspections done to have it re-enabled. Of course, if your car has an issue that would prevent it from passing the inspection, then you might need to go the 'workaround' route.
If the car does pass both the charging and safety inspection it will not be free anymore according to wk057. I only know of one case where free charging was re-enabled as free and as he stated that it was a fluke by tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Upvote 0