Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been daily driving a salvage model s for a little over a year now. Crash happed about 2 years ago. My car still supercharges fine. I have not ever gone to a tesla service center yet but my phone app is connected to my car. I'm concerned for my free charging and I want it to stay free. Is there any way to stop tesla from reaching into my cars cofig and changing this? I would be willing to pay someone to take my car off teslas network as long as I maintain the in car navigation.

• Disagree
Reactions: Red Ryder 3
Posting here draws attention to your situation. I advise against it. There are threads that you can search through on this and similar subjects.
Yes there's many threads of people complaining about it but no solution on how to take your car off tesla's network short of unplugging the antenna's. No information on how to disables Hermes or Odin engine at ALL on here. I just want to keep teleforce off of my car and others should as well.

Upvote 0
I have been daily driving a salvage model s for a little over a year now. Crash happed about 2 years ago. My car still supercharges fine. I have not ever gone to a tesla service center yet but my phone app is connected to my car. I'm concerned for my free charging and I want it to stay free. Is there any way to stop tesla from reaching into my cars cofig and changing this? I would be willing to pay someone to take my car off teslas network as long as I maintain the in car navigation.
Please post your VIN, I’ll ask Tesla to check.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Salvage cars are no longer permitted for any Tesla service, unless you know something.
Does Tesla have a policy that prevents free supercharging on salvage cars?
Salvage cars are no longer permitted for any Tesla service, unless you know something. Also, iif you remove your car from Tesla networks, the Navigation requires a constant connection to Tesla, or WiFi through a Cellphone hotspot.

Reactions: WyoDude
Upvote 0
I know a guy who can do this. You have to ship your car to Russia to have it done.

Upvote 0
When you charge your car your connected to their network. That's how they know you get free charging. Think about it for a minute.
Wrong, only few v3 superchargers can disable your can from fast charge. These are known as “online stations”.The car is the one doing the communications to all of tesla and that’s why you can enable charging via root and disconnect you cars sim an be able to charge again.

Upvote 0
image.jpg

I’ve done this a few hundred times I don’t think it’s getting any unsafer. Besides all the salvage haters are acting like that battery doesn’t have multiple bms”s that monitor individual cell voltage and temp at all given times. If there any imbalance at all the car would simply not charge as seen in the thousands of bms_u29 cases

Upvote 0
Salvage cars are no longer permitted for any Tesla service, unless you know something.

Salvage cars are no longer permitted for any Tesla service, unless you know something. Also, iif you remove your car from Tesla networks, the Navigation requires a constant connection to Tesla, or WiFi through a Cellphone hotspot.
There's a method after rooting your car to disable Hermes proxy and Odin engine. If you disable there 2 things tesla can no longer make unauthorized changes to your car.

Upvote 0
I wanted to ask a question but the audience I reached is not very educated. Instead of helping or not commenting most of you here besides @NV Ray are not helping at all. @DerbyDave has clearly not read tesla updated salvage policy before posting. @tldickerson has no clue what he is talking about in slightest. I posted because I wanted to find someone who knows how to disconnect a car from tesla. The tesla salvage owners group is full of people ranting about fusc getting taken away. Im aware. I posted because I could not find an answer to my question on any form.

• Funny
Reactions: WyoDude
Upvote 0
I wanted to ask a question but the audience I reached is not very educated. Instead of helping or not commenting most of you here besides @NV Ray are not helping at all. @DerbyDave has clearly not read tesla updated salvage policy before posting. @tldickerson has no clue what he is talking about in slightest. I posted because I wanted to find someone who knows how to disconnect a car from tesla. The tesla salvage owners group is full of people ranting about fusc getting taken away. Im aware. I posted because I could not find an answer to my question on any form.
Without taking your car in and getting it certified for the thousands it will cost, plus any needed repairs to certify, Salvage vehicles are not supported. Do people actually do this?

Upvote 0
Without taking your car in and getting it certified for the thousands it will cost, plus any needed repairs to certify, Salvage vehicles are not supported. Do people actually do this?
Many people do this like me. Passing an HV cert does not mean this will turn charging back on. It means tesla will do work on it related to the HV battery. Bringing any branded/rebuilt title vehicle in for HV inspection is a surefire way to get charging turned off even if it is enabled at the moment. People like me will avoid tesla like the plague hence why I'm trying to disconnect from them.

Upvote 0
Passing an HV cert does not mean this will turn charging back on

Not entirely accurate. About a year ago, Tesla started a second re-certification process (Fast Charging Safety Inspection) to allow salvage cars back on the supercharging network once they pass an inspection.

Link to TMC thread here about it:

Pricing is inconsistent but seems to be around be ~$700-$800 for both the required HV cert and the fast charging cert assuming no repairs or additional testing is needed. Catch 22 here because if you fail the inspection, you can be 100% sure they will disable supercharging.

I'd say continue to use your car and if/when supercharging gets disabled, get the inspections done to have it re-enabled. Of course, if your car has an issue that would prevent it from passing the inspection, then you might need to go the 'workaround' route.

Upvote 0