Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Will Tesla offer suspension upgrade ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this guy on Reddit retrofitted the front damper assemblies plus springs-only in the rear and seems to have got good results. Is this the right solution?

1188363-00-H - front left damper assm
1188368-00-H - front right damper assm
1188474-00-B qty 2 - rear spring

I contacted my SC and they offered to supply and fit but the rear springs would be revision C and the front assemblies were revision E.

So my questions for anyone in the know:
- Are these the right parts to improve my 2020 Y?
- Is there a need to replace the rear shock as well as the spring, for a whole solution? I guess this depends on the unknown question of what Tesla really changed but opinions welcome.

Thanks

(moderator note)

Based on the text in that reddit screenshot (I dont read reddit) that same person came here to TMC and posted a thread with that same exact text in it. They then proceeded to berate anyone here who disagreed with them, and also sound like they were here just to push content to some other website. We ended up closing their account here. Some may remember the thread, but I dont think its visible any longer since we closed that persons account.

@AtlantaMCR so how hard is "DIY"? I have the tools and know-how to do wheels, brake pads and rotors - just how much more involved is this? :) I'm guessing most of it is bolts with thread locker and torquing correctly? What's your experience level and how long did it take you?

I'll probably get Tesla to do it, but curious.

@AtlantaMCR so how hard is "DIY"? I have the tools and know-how to do wheels, brake pads and rotors - just how much more involved is this? :) I'm guessing most of it is bolts with thread locker and torquing correctly? What's your experience level and how long did it take you?

I'll probably get Tesla to do it, but curious.
If you can change brake pads and rotors you can do this.
Everything I’ve read states that tesla wont do it.

All my parts finally came in today. I opted for the rear springs too because the part has been revised according to the numbers. Im deciding if i want to add a lift kit so they wont be installed for a bit. It took 1-2 months for the service center to receive the parts.

Reactions: jetsurgn
All my parts finally came in today. I opted for the rear springs too because the part has been revised according to the numbers. Im deciding if i want to add a lift kit so they wont be installed for a bit. It took 1-2 months for the service center to receive the parts.
If you have both old and new springs off the car, is it possible if you can do a comparison of them? If they are the same length unload, number of coils etc

I wish SC does the upgrade, really want a car that's not trying to break my back, especially when I paid $60K+ for the car, think it's the least Tesla can do for those who bought at the top. Don't mind paying extra / over paying, but expect a comfortable ride and quieter ride (cargo cover helps a bit) those are my two complaints.

Someone else posted they look identical. I wasn't going to order but the part number was revised so I figured might as well change them. It was an extra $200 I believe,
looks are irrelevant.
coil spring deflection rates can be linear, progressive, stronger, weaker, and all in the same coil gauge and width.
steel is a marvelously engineered material.

My local service center denied 2 requests to order the comfort suspension parts for my 2021 MYLR. But I drove past the Spokane WA service center and they were happy to order. $833 total plus tax.

Parts ordered:
• ⁠Front Left: 1188363-00-H (x1)
• ⁠Front Right: 1188368-00-H (x1)
• ⁠Rear Shock: 1188463-00-E (x2)
• ⁠Rear Spring: 1188474-00-C (x2)

Is there a lift kit out there for a very small lift? I don't want anything greater than 1" lift. Ideally slightly less.