Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

will tesla replace your battery if it has degraded more than 20% over 2 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have bet money that you had seen this sticky thread with the method for calculating this directly from the information on your charging screen.

Also, just let it finish. This likely means your battery is out of balance. Plug it in, and charge it to 100% before you are ready to go somewhere. It will likely sit at 99% for some amount of time before it finishes (while it balances the pack) but it will eventually finish. Could take 10 minutes, could take 2 hours but it will finish.
Now, c'mon, you know what the OP is doing is looking at a projection of his 100% charge miles and determining that he has 20% 'degradation' just from that...

Reactions: WhiteWi
thank you all for the feedback.

I did a test last night by charging my tesla model y 2020 to 100% and it has charged to 289 miles. it should be 330 miles per spec.

Is it still good or bad? Should I bring it in for service?

Thank you,
Michael

Try it by following the steps outlined in post #22 and see what you get. BTW, I suggest the link I provided in post #20 is better because it explains better, but the methodology is the same.

Last edited:
@michaelnguyen. My car was displaying a fair amount of range lost, but it was because of repetitive charging behavior and not allowing the BMS to calibrate the pack over multiple states of charge. Once I followed the techniques mentioned in the previous posts, my displayed range began to improve. At 299, it's still a little below the fleet average, but nowhere near as bad as it was.

range.png

Reactions: WhiteWi