Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the off-road tires reduce the range like 22s on MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if the 500 mile range of the tri motor will be subject to the *rated range reduced by 20% with these tires and rims language that the model X was subject to.

That'd be a real bummer, would hate to have to sissy up the CT to get 500 miles instead of 400.

Thoughts?
I believe it will. Not everyone wants/needs the biggest offroad tires. Some will want road tires, some heavy duty trailering tires.

My bet: Road tires standard for highest range and quietest interior noise. All else optional with range degradation.

Listening to the tire noise in the you tube videos I may prefer something quieter myself, I am sure most people will have little off-roading in the cybertruck, I am sure when time gets closer to manufacturing this beast we will have wheel and tire options, as well as interior options

Same reduction in mileage for ICE trucks as well. That does not keep people from installing them though.

They look bad ass and would work great off road, but not something most would choose. Just the noise would prevent many from running the lugs on pavement.

When range is the perceived biggest drawback to EVs and the highest mileage model now is 370 and this is bigger it is foolish to speculate that the 500miles is anything but full efficiency setup.

The range reduction on the X with bigger wheels is from the tires, off-road tires on a Cybertruck are likely to be worse.

Reactions: Qbenjamin
^^^If I end up with one I’ll off road it hard. I’m hoping it comes with 35” and would be awesome if it will for a 36 or 37”. And like stated above It’s going to weight a lot and E rated LT tires for sure.