Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be a 3D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, thanks for the heads up. It would be great to see some sort of confirmation on this from TM

As Seesaw mentioned, one of the drive videos, the driver mentions that car is a dual motor. He's a Tesla employee (believe he identified himself as an engineer), and that would be all the confirmation I would need. I'm 100% certain there will be a dual motor option on the 3.

As Seesaw mentioned, one of the drive videos, the driver mentions that car is a dual motor. He's a Tesla employee (believe he identified himself as an engineer), and that would be all the confirmation I would need. I'm 100% certain there will be a dual motor option on the 3.

Actually, seesaw mentioned that one of the drivers refers to an AWD model. Not that the car actually IS an AWD model. If what you're saying is in fact true, that they were driving an AWD model...then yes, that's confirmation enough. That's not what Seesaw said in his post, though.

Over the years of Tesla ownership I have heard a lot of things mentioned that have never been confirmed! Sounds like there is some video that I haven't seen that makes it clear, though.

Last edited:
Actually, seesaw mentioned that one of the drivers refers to an AWD model. Not that the car actually IS an AWD model. If what you're saying is in fact true, that they were driving an AWD model...then yes, that's confirmation enough. That's not what Seesaw said in his post, though.

Over the years of Tesla ownership I have heard a lot of things mentioned that have never been confirmed! Sounds like there is some video that I haven't seen that makes it clear, though.

I watched the Jalopnik Periscope video of the drive and the driver said, "This is a dual motor car" before mentioning that is an option. I'm not sure where to find that video anymore, but I think it used to be part of this post:

http://jalopnik.com/take-a-spin-in-the-tesla-model-3-with-us-live-right-now-1768394850

I watched it on their Facebook page this morning - he also interviewed Tesla's president too.

Reactions: PaulJB
One of the vehicles was a dual motor vehicle. The engineer (or whoever he is) got asked if this is the acceleration of the base model to which he replies that this is a dual motor model but the basic version will be RWD only. Still below 6 seconds 0-60 though.

This.

The base model will be RWD. Options available fro AWD, and from the video I watched the test drive was in an AWD version.