Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will You Be Disappointed If Prod X Reservations don't start shipping for 6 Months?

Disappointment If Prod X Reservations don't start shipping for 6 Months?

• Not at all - I support Tesla no matter what and will wait paitiently

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Somewhat - But will wait however long it takes and not blame Tesla at all

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Disappointed - I would feel somewhat mislead, but will grudgingly wait how long it takes

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • Very Disappointed - I would feel Tesla was not honest with res holders - may look at other options.

Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla delayed Model X by two years and still can't deliver, how likely your guys think Tesla can sort out things in next a few months? I guess even Tesla started to deliver Sigature X, but it might still take another 3-6 month to figure out the whole thing. By all the ways, missing the Q3 final deadline shows the inability of Tesla to produce X which is "the most difficult car in the world to build." per Elon Musk.

Tesla cannot afford 6 months for production X. The model S ramp was less than 3 months from 1st Sig to Production cars. I don't think the production X's will ship this year, but there shouldn't be a reason why they can't get all sigs out of the door this year. Suppliers should have had plenty of time and notice to ramp up on parts.

Tesla to produce X which is "the most difficult car in the world to build." per Elon Musk.

That's a bunch of BS. May be most difficult to "engineer", but definitely not to 'build'. I'm sure Elon's watched the show "how it's made: supercars" many of which are hand made from carbon fiber and other composites.

To be honest I've been disappointed for some time now. I like Tesla's mission and they've made some good moves, but over 2 years late seems a disturbing inability to execute given this is their 3rd vehicle. And I don't buy the rationalizations about battery supply, cannibalizing Model S, etc... Tesla knows more about these issues than we do and they still debuted the Model X to great fanfare. And then.... *thud* for 3 years. It's embarrassing and they really need to get their act together. It's wearing thin, imho.

I don't think the Roadster really counts in this. This is their 2nd in-house vehicle, and while it has been delayed longer than expected...I wouldn't call the situation "embarrassing." After all, what's the measure? Is there another recently created automotive company that is outperforming Tesla? I know this fact may be over-used, but it's still relevant, IMHO.

I honestly have no idea what they could be doing with the car right now to delay sales and mess with 4Q numbers. Are they looking at making a 2nd row fold fully flat option for the mega cargo room everyone was expecting maybe??

Even doing what Chevy did with the Volt (not calling it a delay but seriously reduce production into next year) would be a smart business plan of getting them a few million dollars a month by building 100-200 cars a week.

Tesla isn't willingly delaying sales. They are waiting for parts to be delivered by their suppliers, notably the difficult to produce parts such as the panoramic windshield. You can bet they are also working on feature enhancements in the background, but those will appear over time and aren't the reason for the initial delays.

I will be disappointed but will keep waiting unless a viable alternative surfaces or due within another 6 months . A viable alternative would mean EV or a plugin with at least a 50 mile range, driving assistance equal to or exceeding Tesla's autopilot, comfortable, and safe (but not expecting "Tesla safe"). I'm thrilled that Tesla is helping to push competitors to step up their games and I plan to keep TSLA even if I drop out of line for a vehicle.

I voted "not at all".
However, the second half of that choice is not true.
Your poll is very leading and I suspect you will not get as many responses simply because the choice may fit, but the extraneous reason you list is not.

In our case, we are already driving electric so I am more that happy to give Tesla time to do it right.

As an investor, I'm not thrilled. Also as an investor, I feel any damage to TSLA would be shorter in duration than the damage done by releasing the Model X with issues that could have been fixed with a slower rollout.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla cannot afford 6 months for production X. The model S ramp was less than 3 months from 1st Sig to Production cars. ...

Don't forget the founder's cars. It was about 3 months from the first founders the the first Sigs.
I'd say they are still ahead of that schedule (which they should be).

I don't really need the Model X in a big hurry, because my Highlander Hybrid still has many good years left. However, I am impatient to see some production action, at least a few Sigs out the door in the next few weeks. I was told "about a year" when I reserved at the end of August. If I get it any time next year, I'll be happy with that.