Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind intrusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that it is cold I have noticed this and have a service appointment for December 5th. It is almost like there is a window open very cold wind coming in about where your shoulder would be between the door panel and the support between the doors. I have attached a picture of where the air comes in. This happens but there is no wind noise.

Attachments

• 008E2382-A815-4919-97EA-A5BD393E1CC9.jpeg
    008E2382-A815-4919-97EA-A5BD393E1CC9.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 322
Now that it is cold I have noticed this and have a service appointment for December 5th. It is almost like there is a window open very cold wind coming in about where your shoulder would be between the door panel and the support between the doors. I have attached a picture of where the air comes in. This happens but there is no wind noise.
Same exact area for me too. Does it happen when the HVAC system is on?

apply tapes in those area (outside) and see if it blocks the wind coming in.
I used a blower and the air seems to be going around the trim near the front of the door and seems to make its way in the cabin there at the back.

I can use the blower all around the door and only get it to come in when I am blowing air in at the door front fender area. Guess that’s why there is no wind noise.

Exactly. Let us know
Exactly. Let us know what the service outcome is

Reactions: Happy Hippo
22 MYLR end of September delivery at Fremont. Had this issue and it took the Service Center five visits to have a 99% resolution.

1st - Technician noted no duplication after test drive.

2nd - Door adjustment inward since it was a few mm off compared to the rear passenger door. Issue still present but not as much.

3rd - Body seals adjustment and issue worsened.

4th - Secondary seal adjustment which is the long seal that goes from the window all the way around (but I knew it wasn’t done based on the position of it).

5th - Service Lead agreed to just replace the secondary seal and move it inward as requested to ensure a tighter seal.

When trucks especially pass by I don’t feel much air intrusion anymore. I’d say it’s like 1% which I feel is a lot more normal, the best way to describe it is like very little air feeling near the top of the door trim.

Be persistent, ask for the Service Lead or Manager.

Reactions: Georgesb2
22 MYLR end of September delivery at Fremont. Had this issue and it took the Service Center five visits to have a 99% resolution.

1st - Technician noted no duplication after test drive.

2nd - Door adjustment inward since it was a few mm off compared to the rear passenger door. Issue still present but not as much.

3rd - Body seals adjustment and issue worsened.

4th - Secondary seal adjustment which is the long seal that goes from the window all the way around (but I knew it wasn’t done based on the position of it).

5th - Service Lead agreed to just replace the secondary seal and move it inward as requested to ensure a tighter seal.

When trucks especially pass by I don’t feel much air intrusion anymore. I’d say it’s like 1% which I feel is a lot more normal, the best way to describe it is like very little air feeling near the top of the door trim.

Be persistent, ask for the Service Lead or Manager.
I don’t think it’s a door adjustment I think the seal somewhere is not sealed near the front of the door. The door alignment looks perfect