Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wind noise at 70+mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also hearing this too...service tech in MA said "just deal with it". All model 3s have wind noise above 70 MPH. I am frustrated and losing patience. I also had a cracked windshield and they replaced it...noticed this where the "moonroof" glass is higher than the windshield. Tech also said this was normal to prevent wind noise...not sure I'm buying that.
IMG_0843.jpg

Noise on my driver's side is not great, but passenger side is worse. They glued down the triangle piece but it didn't do much. Mine sounds like the door seal is wonky but I'm going to take it back in at some point.

Hmmm mine are loose on both my model 3's. How much gap there would cause the noise?
They are all loose as their is no connector on top. Loose is ok, sticking out is not.

I am also hearing this too...service tech in MA said "just deal with it". All model 3s have wind noise above 70 MPH. I am frustrated and losing patience. I also had a cracked windshield and they replaced it...noticed this where the "moonroof" glass is higher than the windshield. Tech also said this was normal to prevent wind noise...not sure I'm buying that. View attachment 393744

Try covering that gap with painter's tape and seeing if the wind noise is reduced.

Reactions: zhu-
Watertown MA service center fixed this by putting some insulation material in the A and B pillars. No more wind noise. There was also a part that was replaced. The entire plastic/rubbery piece across the front of the car just below the windshield.

Watertown MA service center fixed this by putting some insulation material in the A and B pillars. No more wind noise. There was also a part that was replaced. The entire plastic/rubbery piece across the front of the car just below the windshield.
Any pics of the A and B pillar insulation that was added? Also, what was wrong with the rubber below the windshield? Mine doesn't fully cover the seam at the bottom but not sure they would consider that broken

I am also hearing this too...service tech in MA said "just deal with it". All model 3s have wind noise above 70 MPH. I am frustrated and losing patience. I also had a cracked windshield and they replaced it...noticed this where the "moonroof" glass is higher than the windshield. Tech also said this was normal to prevent wind noise...not sure I'm buying that. View attachment 393744

This is actually the same issue I had when I first picked up my car. Brought it to the SC and they replaced the windshield seals and now the roof is flush with the windshield. Also the noise at 40mph+ is now gone.. It sounded like a window was open.