Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

window adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As luck would have it, there's a very good video for the Elise that shows the various adjustment points and respective methods to address any alignment issues (see below).The actual door panels of the two cars are not exactly alike but I'm assuming the window mechanisms are. If someone can ultimately confirm, that would be helpful.

There are three (3) adjustment options:

1. Height adjustments require the door panel and moisture barrier to be removed. It involves rotating an eccentric stopper to allow the cam and scissor mechanism to move higher or lower. Rotate it clockwise to allow the window to go higher or counterclockwise to stop its upward travel sooner at a lower position.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.04.23 PM.png

2. Level adjustments also require the door panel and moisture barrier to be removed. There are two attaching points for the scissor mechanism that require some fiddling to get right. The video didn't go into the specifics of what the adjustments did but, presumably, the one closer to the front of the car adjusts the front height and the other raises/lowers the back position.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.04.58 PM.png

3. Tilt adjustments can be performed without removing the door panel. Simply rotate the slotted screws shown in the locations as noted by @doug earlier in this thread here. Turn them clockwise for an inward adjustment or counterclockwise for outward.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 6.05.46 PM.png

I was fortunate that a few tilt adjustments addressed my wind noise issue. It's still not perfect but there's a definite improvement. If your weatherstripping is in good shape and the top gap looks even, definitely try adjusting the tilt to see if it helps.

Last edited: